2

I had just walked outside the school when I heard Sung Kyung calling after me. "Hey, Goo Hun, wait for me!" She screamed as she caught up with me. "Which way is your house?" I asked. "That way, but I usually stop by Starbucks. Wanna come?" She pointed towards the same road that also leads to my house. "Okay," I replied and we started walking. 

When we arrived, Sung Kyung and both ordered a large Watermelon blended drink (because it's summertime) and I reached into my pocket to take out money only to find out that I didn't bring my wallet. Sung Kyung noticed as well. "That's fine. I can pay. I get discounts anyway. The barista's face brightened when he saw her. "Oh! You're back. Your total is 2,500 won. What? two cups are 5,000 won. She literally got a fifty percent discount. This barista is really fooled by her charms. But who wouldn't be though?

"Told you I get discounts." She smirked when she noticed my shocked expression. "Lucky," I said as we walked out of the store. 

"By the way, I was meaning to ask. Just out of curiosity. Why did you go to the U.S. and come back?" She asked. 

"Well, long story short, I kinda failed the entrance exam to a college so my angry parents decided Korea would be a better place for me to study," I mumbled.

"Oh, I see." She nodded. "You have probably never had to worry about anything like your life, am I correct?" I asked.

"Yeah. I guess. Anyways when's your birthday?" She was nice enough to change the subject. "August 5, 2003," I replied and she perked up. 

"What?"

"You're exactly five days older than me! My birthday is on August 10, 2003!" That was surprising. "Don't worry. You are much older in intelligence and talent." I assured her teasingly. She laughed.  I forgot I was holding a Starbucks drink just now and I took my first sip. OMFG. This was soo good!!!!! I think I'M HEARING ANGELS SINGING. THIS IS FOOD HEAVEN!!!

"It's good, right? It's my favorite." She smiled. "Wow. I kind of think this puts the Starbucks in the states to shame." I said in disbelief. "No way. You probably only think that because you are used to Starbucks there." She said. 

We had been talking so much, I didn't even notice that we had arrived at her house. "Okay, that's my house. By the way, can I get your phone number? You know, since we're now friends?"She asked. I nodded and handed her a paper with my phone number on it. "Thanks. Bye! See you tomorrow!" She waved goodbye as she went into her house. I was still gawking in disbelief that someone like HER asked ME for MY phone number. I didn't even see that Sung Kyung's house is basically a mansion. 

"When I walked back home, my mom was sitting on the couch. "Hello, dear. How was the first day of school?" 

I was still smiling, I probably looked like an idiot. "Great. Actually!" My mom seemed shocked at that reply. "Oh! Well, I'm really happy that it's fun. I went to my room and my phone beeped. I got a text.

Unknown: Hi!

AUTHOR NOTE

Hi! Sorry for a short chapter but I wanted to save the texting story for the next chapter. Thanks for reading!

- Sophea

1 VOTE = 1000 POINTS FOR AESTHETIC CITY BOOK