Chapter 13: Partners

"What if Adrien is mad at me?!" Marinette sat up on her bed and held her cheeks. "Maybe I shouldn't have done that, Tikki. I should've just talked to him. I'm risking too much."

"I'm sure Adrien isn't mad at you, Marinette." Tikki assured.

"But I gave him my diary." She breathed. "All of my secrets, all of my Ladybug business, and all of my feelings. This can only go one of two ways." Marinette hopped off her bed and walked down her stairs. "I haven't actually talked to Chat Noir, knowing he's Adrien yet, so our communication is a little spotty and that's an overstatement. I don't know how he'll react to my diary or today's event in general. It could be good or bad. I don't think an in between is even possible."

"Stay positive." Tikki encouraged. "I'm sure he'll be happy."

"I hope so, Tikki." Marinette sighed. "All I know is that he can't be mad at me for being Ladybug because I didn't kill him when I found out he was Chat Noir." Marinette moved to the giant pink chest in her room and opened it. After digging through it for a minute, she pulled out the small, black mailbox. "Maybe I should put this back up." Her fingers ran over the side, feeling ever edge. She smiled. "It does bring back memories." Marinette walked over to her desk and set the mailbox down. She flipped the red thing up and down while she thought.

"Whatever happens Marinette, don't lose your confidence. Even if that was Chat Noir's advice, it's still true and you should stick to it." Tikki advised before flying over and sitting on the mailbox. "If Adrien changes his mind after all of this or he wants a break, we need to respect that. It is a lot of information all at once, so he may want time alone to think it over. You know how much it was and even though you procrastinated, you made up your mind in a week or two. Adrien may need more time."

"I know, Tikki. I will respect him." She looked down, biting her lip. "Whatever he chooses, I'm glad that we did all this. I would've never known his feelings if I had never made a move, even if I was aided by Chat Noir, which is still a little confusing to think about. But I don't regret any of it. I don't regret the letters, I don't regret taking time away from Chat Noir to put myself first, and I don't regret giving Adrien my diary, maybe a little, but not really. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Like I can be free whether I have a boyfriend or not. And I trust him. I trust Chat Noir and I think we'll be great partners after this no matter what."

"That's great Marinette." Tikki cheered.

"But I really hope he likes me." Marinette groaned, causing Tikki to roll her eyes. She backed up, but before turning around, she ran into something tall and gasped.

A black leather clad hand clasped her arm. Marinette felt his warmth behind her, his breath fanned the top of her head. (Basically imagine Sakura and Sasuke during the battle against Kaguya.) Marinette swallowed nervously and took a moment to breathe. She turned around and her bluebells met his emeralds. An indescribable grin appeared on her face and she jolted forward to squeeze him in a hug. Marinette buried her face in his chest, nearly tearing up with joy.

Chat Noir wrapped his arms around her gently and rested his chin on top of her head. "Don't worry I still like you." He closed his eyes and embraced the moment.

They kept each other warm and held one another tighter for a few minutes. It was so peaceful. It destroyed any lack of communication and doubts. "You came back." Marinette mumbled.

"I can't believe you thought I wouldn't." Chat pulled back and held her face. "You mean so much to me, Marinette." His thumb brushed her cheek. "And that won't change. Whether you're Ladybug or Marinette, you're still amazing. You're still the girl I fell for. And after everything I've experienced in my life and now everything we've been through, I know that will never change. I-"