The Call

"Mommy!" "Yes baby". Daddy is on the phone.Who? "Daddy?",daddy? DADDY!. Hand me the phone mamas."Hello" " Sounds you just woke up" "I did" " wow, late night huh?" "No, but even if it was that isn't ur Business."
"Don't get offended, it was a joke." "I don't have time for this the kids have things to do"
"I'm sorry look I need you and kids to meet me." "Okay,where?" "Are in town" "No,I need you to meet me in..." "Where?" "Mexico" "what do mean?" "Out the country Mexico". "Yes" "No , we are not leaving the country right now." " I just need you guys to come down here for a couple of weeks." "No there are only two weeks before the kids get out for spring break ." " great so the grading period already over." "Look I already called the school ,they said it would be fine for the kids to miss the last two weeks."I already asked did you did you the kids you said no so now I've made plans for spring break." "Look now I know you don't like being ambushed ,so just think about it plz." "Okay,bye" "Bye" "So are we going to see daddy?" said,jordan "umm...baby" ."don't even finish I already know what your going to say,dad said you were going to say no." I knew my children loved their father very much and loved spending time with him. Whenever he made some no good excuse of why he couldn't be bothered, I was always the one who had to tell them.Now he promised to see them and I was the one in the way. I tried to think all the possible reasons that I shouldn't go, but there was always one I came back to. Am I standing in the way of my kids relationship with their father? Of course I didn't want to but there was one I had to call .