Chapter 2

1 Month Later

Hou Yu Sheng POV

"Yu Sheng, did you remember that we're going to the script reading session today?" Manager Zhang (Sister Zhang) said.

"I totally forgot. What would I do without you Sister Zhang?" I said as I sighed.

"We should get going or we'll be late." Sister Zhang said as she patted my shoulder.

I lazily got up as I grabbed my white leather purse from the table and put my Vans slip-on's on. On the way there, me and Sister Zhang had a talk.

"Hou Yu Sheng, make sure you do good and remember your lines well okay?"

"Of course, it's my first main role. I'm going to try my best and use all my effort. I didn't come this far for nothing." I said as i chuckled.

"By the way, do you perhaps know who the main actor is?" I asked curiously.

"The director and producer said they wanted it a surprise so when we get there we will find out."

"Hopefully it's someone good and someone I can have good chemistry with." I said as I sighed and looked out into the grey sky.

As we arrived, I was led to the main room and as I entered, there were many people standing and clapping for my entrance. I smiled, waved, and bowed as I was walking towards the front of the room. 

"Everyone, as I was saying earlier, this is Hou Yu Sheng, and she will be playing as our female lead. Please give her a round of applause, as this is her first ever main role!" The producer said.

Everyone clapped and cheered for me as I smiled and bowed.

"Thank you everyone! I will try my hardest and my best to make this a successful film. Please take care of me for the time being." I said as I bowed.

"Now out male lead will be here in a bit and I'm so excited for you both to work together!" said the producer.

Suddenly the door opened and when I turned my head to look, I saw a tall, slim man walk in, and as he got closer, he started to look familiar.....

I gasped as I realized.......

It's him...........

He smirked as he walked towards me and stood next the producer. He turned to face the crew and bowed as everyone clapped and cheered. They were cheering....REALLY LOUD.

"Hi everyone, I am Wei Wu Xian, and as the male lead, I look forward to working with you all. As you all know I took a break in my career and this will be my comeback so I will work hard. I am in your care." He said as he smiled and bowed.

I couldn't even say anything or move at all. There was a lump in my throat, and butterflies in my stomach I was just looking at him the whole time until he turned to look at me. He placed his hand out motioning that he wanted to shake hands.

"I look forward to working with you." He said as he smirked.

I just looked at him until someone cleared their throat. I finally snapped out of it.

"I am looking forward to working with you all well. Please take care of me." I said as I forced a smile.

-Time Skip-

They decided to end the script reading for the day and so I stood outside to wait for my manager. While waiting, the rain started to pour and as I felt the raindrops hit my head, I frowned as i put my hand out to feel the rain.

"Can this day get any worse?" I said as I sighed and was about to take out my sweater to cover myself but suddenly I didn't feel wet anymore.

I looked up and saw an umbrella over me. I quickly turned to look at who it was and I saw of course...Wei Wu Xian. I lock eyes with him. He had beautiful dark brown eyes that i got lost in until he smirked and looked away.