chapter six | ADVENTURES OF DOG BOY

The next day, officers were surrounding every inch of the Hale property. She was leaned against the jeep with Scott, and they were staring back and forth between the medical examiners and the officers who were dragging Derek out in handcuffs. He was pissed, murderous.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the sound of crunching leaves caught her attention. She and Scott looked over and saw Stiles heading towards the police car holding said, murderous person.

"Oh my god!" She put her head in her hands as Scott turned around. Minutes later, and much to her amusement, Sheriff Stilinski was pulling Stiles out of the police car. They shared a couple of words, and they all climbed back into the jeep. Nara smacking Stiles' arm the second she got a chance.

They zoomed down the small forest strip, Scott on his phone and her fingers tapping anxiously.

"I can't find anything on wolfsbane being used for burial," Scott said. She once again felt a cling of guilt at the word burial.

"Just keep looking. Maybe it's like a ritual or something like maybe they bury you as a wolf? Or maybe it's like a special skill, you know? Like something you have to learn." Stiles explained. She thought for a moment.

"I'll put it on my to-do list, underneath figuring out how in the hell I'm going to playing this game tonight."

"Maybe it's different for girl werewolves?" She suggested.

"Okay! Stop it!" Scott yelled. She flinched-something she seemed to be doing a lot around him as of late, which worried her because she never was one to get scared-at least not in recent years.

"Stop what?" Stiles asked, sharing a look with her in the rear-view.

"Stop saying 'werewolves.' Both of you. Stop enjoying this so much!"

Enjoying this? Really? That's not the first word that comes to mind. She thought, getting slightly aggravated.

"You okay?" Stiles asked him.

"No, no, I'm not! I'm so far from being okay!"

"You know? You're gonna have to accept this, Scott, sooner or later!" She said in a tone that was much rougher than her normal one.

"I can't!"

"Well, you're gonna have to." Stiles agreed.

"No-I can't breathe." He slammed his hands on the roof, causing Stiles to swerve and her to topple over in the back.

"Pull over!"

"What's happening?" Stiles asked as She pulled herself up. She put a hand on Scott's shoulder, but he shrugged it off and reached into Stiles' bag, finding the wolfsbane laced rope.

"You kept it?" Scott yelled out.

"What was I supposed to do with it?"

"I don't know, not put it next to a freaking were-dog boy!" She squinted her eyes at her substitution.

"Stop the car!" Scott growled as his eyes turned a bright yellow.

The jeep came to a halt as Stiles grabbed the bag and scrambled to get rid of it. She turned around and saw Scott was gone. Stiles came back and gave her a worried and questioning glance.

"I looked away for one minute, and he ran off." She said as she climbed into the front seat, and Stiles began to call dispatch.

"Stiles. You know you can't call the dispatch line when I'm on duty." A woman on the other end of the line said. Her and Stiles looked at each other, a slight bit of amusement in their eyes. That was another story involving an ice cream truck and a guy dressed up in a clown suit.