3

----

"Alright!" The teacher hit his teaching stick against his wooden desk, his horrifying pig mask jiggled along with his actions, "Mr. Tyler has a fucking migraine so if any of you little shits walk funny you'll deal with more than DI. Go play."

Ryan nervously fidgeted his fingers under his desk as his new teacher snapped at the class as soon as everyone sat down. He looked to his new classmates, Luke, Delirious, Jaren, John, David, and Momo who were all staring straight ahead like obedient house pets. The room was colourful with letters lining the walls, a play mat to sit on and a chest overflowing with toys. However the luxury was counteracted with an angry old man who looked like the girl out of the movie Saw.

As soon as the teacher stopped talking, most of the kids got up and walked over to the toy box while Ryan continued to sit in his seat to observe the phenomenon, "Is he always like this?"

"Hmm?" Luke hummed as he watched over his delirious friend who returned with a frown on his face.

"Y'know, the teacher?" Ryan used his eyes to gesture over to the barely dormant volcano that laid in front of them.

"Well yeah. The A plus teacher isn't any better either, but at least he has a cleaner way of disposing students" Luke said with a dismissive chuckle.

"Pardon me, did you just say dispose-" Ryan began to speak but was cut off by Delirious whining over something.

"Delirious lost his teddy bear."

Luke raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure you didn't just leave it in the toy chest by accident?"

The blue hooded man crossed his arms, "Delirious does not appreciate your doubtful approach, Delirious must have left it in his cubby upstairs. New blood must get it for Delirious."

"I'm sorry what?" Ryan asked Luke who only shrugged off his query.

"You heard him, you know where his cubby is, just go get it. It's by our beds on the third floor, not hard to miss." Luke responded as he idly played around with his lighter.

"How am I supposed to get to our beds if the third floor is locked?" Ryan asked warily as Luke rolled his eyes as if his question was the most inane thing he had heard.

"Must I do everything?" Luke said as he lit up another cigarette and walked over to Jaren and John who were chilling in the corner with a toy helicopter and car, "Boys."

Jaren looked up at the red hooded boy with a smug smile, "Demon boy, long time no see."

"Cut the crap, I need the key to the third floor and an undisturbed route to the bedrooms got it?" Luke stated as Ryan carefully watches.

John scoffed before spinning the propeller on the helicopter, "Prices have gone up, since the distasteful exchange that took place this morning. Hope you got fifty dollars in your pockets cuz we're not budging otherwise."

"Oh really?" A shit eating grin appears on Luke's face, "The guy I was just talkin' to would be willing to break you and your buddy out of DI during lunch."

Jaren's face lit up before he masked it, "Deal. John here will make sure we get our payment a different way if things..head south." The white haired boy hands Luke a key before the pair stand near the exit to the classroom.

"What kind of fucking deal did you make with them?!" Ryan scowls at Luke as the red hooded boy forces the metal key into his hand, "What even is DI?! And how do I even break him out of it?!"

"Oi, calm your tits," Luke narrows his eyebrows at the babbling boy, "Ever heard of study hall? It's basically that but worse. DI is short for Disciplinary Isolation. Fancy words for solitary confinement. No food, no water, no music, no light, no nothing. You sit there during lunch and recess with only your thoughts as company. It's scary the first time you go through it, but you'll get used to it." Luke shrugs casually, as Ryan stares at him with a horrified expression, "Now are you just gonna stand there like a fish out of water or are you going to get my best buddy his stuffed animal?"