Part 9

Back in the bureau, the expert Akhil concentrated on the poison. He was a middle-aged man, loyal, very intelligent and well-associated with the bureau. As he came out from the lab, Pradyuman asked, "So, did you recognise it?"

"Yes sir," he smiled, "well, Dr. Salunkhe is right this poison is not only rare but rather impossible to make. I was researching on it for a long time, that's why I know, or else it's not possible to identify this one. This poison was found only in Bikaner, Rajasthan."

"Was? Bikaner, Rajasthan?" Daya questioned.

"Yes sir, but not everywhere in Bikaner. There was only one tribe, the Rati tribe, who made this poison. The main ingredient is the leaves of a dessert plant, Rati. It is named after the tribe as they used to grow it, and since it is made from the leaf of the Rati plant, the poison is named PankhratiPankh means the leaf and Rati is the name of the plant, together Pankhrati. Those plants were under the royal family's rule. But –"

"But what?" Pradyuman asked.

"Sir, these plants are extinct. This poison was popular during the 18th century. After the death of a princess, the king had ordered to kill the whole tribe who actually made that poison. So practically, there is no one alive who can make it. Anything or any other facts about who the princess was or what had happened, all the royal secrets are hidden from the public. Nothing came out. We only know the poison existed once and who used to make it. That's all. I can't understand how this poison is made now in the 21st century. Even the most genius scientists have failed. Without that leaf, the poison cannot me made. I am just shocked."

"May be some people there has found how to make it," Daya said.

"No sir, it is impossible. Only that tribe had that formula."

"May be some one of that tribe is still alive," ACP said.

Akhil kept silent and in a deep thought. "What is it Akhil? Is something wrong?" ACP asked.

"Sir, even if someone is alive from that tribe, they won't talk to you."

"Why?" Daya asked in surprise, "tribes won't talk to CID officers? Then we can disguise ourselves."

"No sir, still they won't talk."

"Why not?"

"The only mediums through which that tribe talk to the common people are the eunuchs. You have to take the help of a eunuch to make that tribe talk."

"Why a eunuch?"

"Because the people of that tribe were eunuchs."

Akhil's revelation confused the officers. There were too many things coming up which overlapped one another. And with each revelation there was a hurdle. Though ACP knew they will cross those hurdles but still he worried what kind of secrets were associated with this strange case. 

As Akhil left, the other officers came back to the bureau. The officers gather around the body and Salunkhe says, "Well the bracelet looks the same. But the one Ashok wore during his death is not real gold. It's fake. The one you brought from the house is the real one."

"There is another thing," Tarika interrupted, "the tiny leaf I found beside Natasha's body, there is an inscription in it."

"What is it?" Daya asked.

"Prachisa."

"Prachisa? Now what is that?" Abhijeet was getting confused.

"Tarika, did you find anything related to it?" Pradyuman questioned.

"No sir, I searched but couldn't find anything."

"This is getting more mysterious!" Daya exclaimed.

"And what about Natasha's house, did you find anything else?" Pradyuman asked Abhijeet.

"No sir, nothing. We searched thrice but still nothing."

"Rajat, what about the owner?"

"Sir, now that is another twist. The owner resides in Rajasthan. Forty-five kilometres in the outskirts of Bikaner there is a small place called Rawalgarh. It is ruled by the Rathores. Rawal Singh Rathore, the owner, is the crown prince of Rawalgarh."

"Really?" ACP raised his eyebrows.

"And sir, the jewellery house owner did mention the seal on the payal is of a royal amily. May be the payal belongs to those Rathores," Shreya informed.

"But how is this possible? I have checked after Rajat sir asked me. Natasha was not royal. Her father was a carpenter and mother a bar dancer. She didn't have any connection with the Rathores. Then how did the payal reach her?" Purvi asked.

"May be her husband gave it to her. He was afterall Rawal's friend,"  Daya pointed.

Abhijeet takes a marker pen and draws on the board.

"All the mysteries are now forming one path that leads to Rajasthan," Abhijeet said

"Rawal Singh Rathore, now you are going to tell us the mystery of room number 666," Pradyuman stared at the board.

"But Sir as Akhil said, if we have to talk to the tribe, we need to find a eunuch and soon," Daya said.

"Well, I happen to know just the right one," Shreya assures everyone.

"You know someone who would be reliable?" Daya asked.

"Yes, remember that red light area case? Damayanti, who helped us?" Shreya recalled.

"O yes," Abhijeet's eyes sparked, "Damayanti. Now I remember. Call her now."

Shreya calls Damayanti informing her about the case. She happily agreed to assist them. ACP quickly formed a plan with the team and took off to the the land of red bricks.

_____________________________________________________________

SO here it is. All clues pointing to this unknown Rajput territory. What awaits in Rawalgarh for the CID team? Will they finally solve the case and what challenges will they face now? 

From next chapter begins the Desert Adventure. 

Hurry! Share your views.