Twenty-One

A/N: You may scream *covers ears*

Omg hi guys, I can't believe I'm updating. It's been so fucking long, fucking SEVEN MONTHS. I hope you'll like it, I'm so nervous. This is not all I've written but you know that I'll upload them bit by bit to make some time eheh *sweats in anxiety* so don't forget that there's more to come once it's ready and pls don't be mad at the percentage of the ships in each chapter.

I love you guys so much and I'm so anxious to hear your thoughts, share them with me?

Here we go.

There was a silence in the room following the man's words where the air felt ten degrees colder than it should be

Jennie arched a brow in addition to her glare on the man sitting in front of her desk, awaiting her decision.

"Tell them the deal's off," she replied simply after a long silence. "Looks like they have more audacity than they are allowed to have after all."

Swallowing the fear of losing his job, the man nodded with the ghost of a smile and got up.

"By the way," Jennie started after looking down at the papers in front of her and scratching something long and angry. Then she raised her eyes to the man, "You're fired."

Shocked, the man stood there with his eyes bigger and mouth open. After one second, the fear and panic came back.

"Bu-but M-Miss -"

"I'm aware that you left them room for making a choice. Tell me -" she glanced at the man's personnel ID, "- Mr.Shin, how long have you been working for our company?"

"F-five years, Miss."

Jennie leaned back on her chair, tapping her very expensive pen on the papers she newly scratched, "And yet you still haven't learnt that that's not the way we work."

He opened his mouth, but no sound came out.

"We don't let the people we're going to work with decide, Mr.Shin, do we?" Jennie smiled a cruel smile. "We do the deciding. And they follow. But unfortunately, Mr.Shin, you let them choose and give us conditions."

"I -"

"That's enough," Jennie raised one hand to silence him. "Thank you for your services. Stop by the Human Resources Department on your way out. You may leave."

Pointing out the conversation had ended, Jennie picked up the papers on her desk to throw them to the bin under her desk, then picked up another folder. She was giving the man a minute of shock before she made him leave.

As she predicted, the man blinked a couple of times after thirty seconds and turned around on shaky legs to leave. When he closed the door after him, Jennie leaned back on her seat and closed her eyes, resting her head against the headrest with a sigh.