Ch. 8 Putting Together a Team

We slump against the wall, heads sagging. Hulk grabs his battle axe, with his armor already on.

"Hulk trains."

"That's great. Have fun." I tell him. Then I stand up and walk over to the other side of the room. I notice a punching bag. I go over to it and start some training of my own.

A few minutes later I notice Thor coming out of the trance he was in. I run over to him to make sure he's okay.

"Hey, Hey, you're okay? What did you see?" I place my hand on his shoulder.

"Heimdall is evacuating Asgard. And he said to go through a wormhole. That's our only way out of here."

"Which one? There's thousands of wormholes." I gesture to the sky.

"The big one." Thor says and we both stare out into the monstrous.

"Shit."

—————————————————————————

Thor and I absentmindedly fidget with our obedience disks. He tries to pull mine out, but he sees me wince in pain so he stops. Hulk steps up to us, looking inquisitively down at us.

"Thor and Charlie sad."

"Shut up." I mutter, still mad at him for tricking us.

Hulk hits both of us, trying to bully us into opening up to him. "Thor and Charlie sad!"

"We're not sad, you idiot. We're pissed off. Angry. I lost my father and my hammer." Thor grunts out.

"And I was forced to come to another planet! I should be on Earth, with Cap and Nat right now." I punch a shield sitting next to me.

"Whining and crying. Cry like babies." Hulk says to us. Thor and I stand up.

"You're not evening listening to us." Thor kicks a random helmet at Hulk.

"Don't kick stuff."

"You're being a really bad friend!" I yell to Hulk.

"You bad friends!"

"You know what we call you?" Thor says. "The stupid Avenger."

"You're tiny Avenger!" Hulk throws a shield at us, almost slicing our heads off.

"Are you crazy? You could've killed us!" I grunt at him.

"You know what? Earth does hate you!" Thor yells. Hulk huffs out a groan, and walks over to his bed, sitting down in anger. Thor and I realize we went to far, so we go to join him on the bed.

"We're sorry we said those things. You're not the stupid Avenger. Nobody calls you the stupid Avenger." I apologize.

"It's okay."

"You just can't go around throwing shields at people." I say to him.

"I know. I'm sorry. I just get so angry all the time. Hulk always angry." Hulk huffs out.

"I know, we're the same, you and I. We're just a couple of hotheaded fools." Thor tries to calm him.

"Yeah same. Hulk like fire. Thor like water."

"Were kind of both like fire."

"But hulk like real fire. Hulk like raging fire. Thor like smoldering fire."

"Are you boys done comparing sizes?" I say to them, they both look to me. Then I think about Scrapper 142. She could help us. She's Asgardian, she's a Valkyrie, Whatever that is. "Hulk, I need you to do something for me."