Stop Eight: Discovering

"How are they?" Amy asked when she saw Sonic come down the steps without Tails.

"She woke up and freaked out, but Tails managed to calm her down...." He replied with a small hint of a frown on his muzzle, which didn't go unnoticed by the pink hedgehog. She walked over to him with a worried expression.

"What's wrong? Did something else happen up there?" She asked and placed a hand on his arm in a comforting way, he sighed in response.

"She thought we were illusions...." He said quietly, Amy sent him a confused look before she understood what he meant.

"You mean like those illusions...?" She asked just to make sure, when he nodded she gasped. Amy didn't know the exact details about what Sonic went through but she figured if it was enough shake up the well known hero of Mobius then it must be pretty bad. And to think that Y/N had to go through that for possibly years it wouldn't be a surprise if she would have woken up completely insane. "Oh my...." She whispered to herself. "I'm sorry Sonic, I know that must bring up bad memories for you." She said softly.

Sonic just scoffed playfully and flashed her a smirk, "Don't worry, it's gonna have to take more than that to shake me up." He said like it was nothing and walked to the door saying something about going for a run.

Amy put a hand on her hip and sighed with a frown, "When is he going to realize that he doesn't have to go through it alone..." She grumbled as she went back to the kitchen.

----------

"...then I got hit from behind and when I woke up I saw Sonic, so I kinda freaked out and thought it was an illusion to punish me for disobeying him. I don't remember much after I saw him in the cell...." Y/N finished. She sighed and looked up mournfully at her younger brother. "I just couldn't take another life..." She whispered and looked back down at her hands as she clenched and unclenched them slowly. "I have so much blood on my hands it's unbelievable... How could I have been so stupid...?"

Tails stared at Y/N still trying to process what she had told him, she had nearly been forced to kill Sonic but rebelled therefore leading her to be put into stasis as some sort of punishment... He didn't understand what Eggman was trying to accomplish besides his usual plans of world domination. "I'm sorry Y/N... I hope you know I don't blame for whatever you did, you didn't know and you were kinda forced to."

Y/N looked at him with a soft smile as if that was what she needed to hear, "Good, I was so afraid that you would blame me for not being there for you." She sighed. "I should just be glad that I found you again." She said.

"Technically, I was the one who found you." Tails said with a smirk, that Y/N mirrored.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes playfully and shoved him lightly. Tails chuckled, it was quietly but then a loud rumbling sound filled the silence. Tails looked at Y/N alarmed by the noise but when he saw her clutching her stomach with while blushing he began to laugh, Y/N shot him a weak glare. "It's not funny!" She cried her face as red as a ripe tomato.

Tails covered his mouth to quiet his lingering giggles, "I'll take it that you're hungry." He said as he got up and went to the door, he turned back to her. "Do you want me to bring you something, or do you think you're ready to meet everyone?" He asked.

Y/N looked away still hugging her middle, "I don't think I'm ready to face them yet... I mean what if they think I'm a monster for killing all those innocent people?" She whispered.

"Y/N, like I said before it wasn't your fault, besides they don't even know what happened. And they don't need to if you don't want them to." He said reassuringly, "I'll just bring you something up here if you're not ready yet-"