7 - i'm not lost {nick}

I stifle a laugh as I watch Jeremy blush a deep red, all the while scowling at me, still standing with Eric, who was was hiding a small smile.

"Oh you know, just checking up on you two lovebirds." I say slipping my phone out of my pocket, I take a quick picture of them together and begin to turn around. "Don't worry, it's just for your status report."

I mimic the traditional 'hat tip', while giving Jeremy a lopsided grin, and exit.

I put my earbuds back in and walk down the hall and to the stairs, even though I was planing to do some reading in the library, I figured I owed them some space after ruining their moment - twice.

I make my way to my new locker, noting that it's quite close to homeroom, as opposed to my old locker - which was a lot further away. I don't really use my locker a lot, it's better to keep everything with me, besides - I'm prone to forgetting books when I put my books in my locker.

Footsteps always echo in the halls, so I'm not surprised when I hear approaching footsteps.

"Look Jer, it's just a joke," Assuming it's Jeremy coming to tell me to delete the picture because he's not publicly out. I keep busy with my locker, putting some books in. "Don't worry about it."

"What joke?" Will leans on the lockers next to me and flashes a smile.

"Oh, hey." I say whilst pulling out my other earbud, giving him my undivided attention. I manage a small smile as I pick up my books for this morning.

"Hey - uh - how's your shoulder?" He asks in a worried tone.

My shoulder is killing me...

"Don't worry 'bout me. I'm fine."

I'm not fine.

"Do you at least want me to carry your books for you?" He asks, about to take my pile of exercise books, textbooks, and my pencil case.

"Nah, I don't need any help."

Help me.

The familiar sound of overworked students begins to grow, quickly at that too. They were all zombies, glued to their phone screens, wearing branded clothes, following the crowds.

"So..."

"So... do you want to do anything this weekend?"

My eyes widen at his suggestion, it took all of my concentration to not grin like a fool.

But I'm grounded.

"Or maybe tomorrow night?" I add. "Liz wants me to help out with her preparation for the cooking contest."

"Sure... how does a movie with popcorn sound?" He asks as he opens his own locker, only two lockers away from mine.

"Popping..." Puns are a bad habit of mine, especially when I'm nervous... "Sorry, that was a bad joke."

He chuckles lightly and smiles at me. "I would've said exactly the same thing. So which movie?"

"Surprise me." I showcase a smirk and smile at him. "See you in Chem!"

I wave at him and walk to my homeroom, walking directly towards Molly.

"Hey, you okay? You look a bit pale." I ask her as I put my bag down next to a my desk.

"Yeah, just didn't get much sleep." She replied, continuing to scribble something in her special notepad. She's had that thing ever since she lost her followers, every now and then she writes in it, but when she loses it she becomes hysterical - claiming I stole it. I don't think that she's gotten over my "betrayal".

"Oh, how come?" I say, even though I can see that she doesn't really want to talk about it, especially not to me.

All of a sudden the bell rings, coming to Molly's aid - saving her from my interrogations.

—————

I'm sorry guys, it's another filler...
I've got writer's block and artist's block at the moment so really can't write anything. Bad excuse,
I know.
Until next time my lil' pickpockets.