why he has to stay:

dedicated to @n00bmaster_69 because I probably wouldn't have thought of doing this if it wasn't for them so thanks for inspiring me <3

Okay, here we go:

-Spiderman has been in the MCU for FIVE movies. FIVE. He's become such a huge role and many, many fan's favorite avenger.

-How can he just disappear? No one in the MCU can ever talk about him anymore because he's nonexistent. What about the people who only ever get into marvel 5 years from now? They'll probably go back and watch the movies and get so confused because one of the literal avengers just completely disappeared from existence. And no, I don't mean from the blip.

-SPEAKING of the blip, how the heck are they going to work that out? They're obviously not going to be able to talk about that, so um, why aren't they 21? Answer that question, Sony. They're also never going to be able to talk about things that have happened in the past, which will also seriously confuse some newcomers.

Some subjects I'm concerned about and wonder how they're going to work out:

---Peter can't have the glasses

---Peter can't ever talk about tony

---What about the tech that peter created his suit with? How will you say Peter created his suit when he used Tony Stark's tech?

---They can never talk about happy. how will that work? he'll just freaking disappear?

-Plus, spiderman has been rebooted so many times, i think it's enough at this point. We want one spiderman for once. One who everyone knows as the spiderman.

-Also, I know what Stan Lee's daughter said about his creations needing more points of view, but personally I think it's wrong to detach spiderman from the MCU. I didn't know Stan Lee obviously, but I just cannot see him supporting the decision to just completely remove spiderman from the MCU.

Now, "Spiderman: Homecoming" made over $880,000,000. Apparently Marvel/Disney only received 5% of "first-dollar gross," or 5% of the ticket sales from the first day of the release, and kept the merchandising rights for the character. Sony would take the rest of the box-office haul.

"Spiderman: Far From Home" made even more ($1.1 billion), and from the sounds of it, Marvel still only got that. I mean I don't know much about money and financing and making movies, but be honest, does this really sound fair to you?

Marvel then asked to split 50/50 and Sony said no, and Marvel was done like that.

Sony said on twitter: "We are disappointed, but respect Disney's decision not to have him continue as a lead producer of our next live action Spider-Man film, We hope this might change in the future, but understand that the many new responsibilities that Disney has given him – including all their newly added Marvel properties – do not allow time for him to work on IP they do not own. Kevin is terrific and we are grateful for his help and guidance and appreciate the path he has helped put us on, which we will continue."

And about the rumors that Tom Holland will no longer play spiderman (although I doubt they'll do that):

NO.

N. O.

N. freaking. O.

Tom Holland worked so freaking hard for his part in the MCU AND spiderman. You can't just drop him. He worked so hard. This was basically his life-long dream. He even took extra time to learn the actual queens accent instead of just using a regular american accent (I'm not sure if he had to do that or not, but still, he was obviously very committed to the role).

He also, in a lot of people's opinion- including mine- has been the best actor to portray spiderman E V E R. He plays Peter Parker AND spiderman perfectly. You cannot take that away from him or us fans. I'm sure that a lot of people won't even watch the spiderman movies at all if they use an actor other than Tom Holland. Because so many people- again, including me- believe that he is the PERFECT spiderman.

Plus, going back to the main topic of this paper, some people may not even watch the movies because they aren't marvel. Some people probably watch the spiderman movies specifically because they're apart of the MCU.

So, that concludes this "essay", I guess you could call it. Please comment your opinions on all of this. I honestly would love to hear them. Oh, and please share this with anyone who is interested in this topic!

'Til next time. Stay cool, beans.

-Alaina