Chapter 1?

Even after all the other mourners left, he still lingered.

He stood over the grave of his favorite charismatic dork. Smiling, a tear escaped his down his cheeks, unnoticed. His heart ached in his chest. Christ, is this what heartbreak felt like?

"' Parting is such sweet sorrow That I shall say goodnight, till it be morrow.'"

He left the bouquet of yellow Roses on the ground, petals falling off the flowers against the damp dirt and tombstone.

__________________________________________________

Jeremy made his way back to the apartment. Their apartment. Everything he had owned was still...well..there. Nothing's changed since he'd left that morning. It just seemed even more lifeless than before, somehow. He got a soda from the fridge, sat down on the couch, and just stared at the blank TV screen not thinking of anything. He'd lost track of time and before he knew it, hours passed and his phone was vibrating from the kitchen table.

He got up and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey, buddy... How are you holding up?" Michael asked.

"I don't know, to be honest."

"....want me to come over?"

Jeremy sighed. "Yeah, sure. Whatever."

" 'Kay. I'm on my way, Player Two." Jeremy couldn't help a small laugh.

"See you soon."

"You too." Click.

Knowing him, Michael's probably going to bring some games over. Jeremy didn't feel excited but damn it, it'll be nice to forget for a while...

A/N: Thoughts? Comments? I know it's short, but I hope you guys liked this!