Someone step on the breaks

Everyone starts to head home and since I live on the same street as Karkat we walked home together. Gamzee still held onto to my shirt. Oddly enough he was starting to grow on me. Other than being so close he's pretty cool. We talk about how stupid certain things in school are and how many faygo that he could drink in a minute.

Karkat seemed very upset with me but I couldn't care less. I was having way to much fun for the king of gray skies to mess this up for me.

We eventually got to my house. Gamzee let go of my shirt and just watched me for a moment, awkwardly I look away. I let out a nervous smile and waved at him. " It was nice talking to you Gamzee. I just wish that Mr grumpy could talk to me too instead of being so mean " I stick out my tongue and watch Karkats reaction. He sticks his tongue out back and flicks me off. I giggle and close the door to my house.

When I turn around my mother is on the phone giggling and blushing, completely unaware that I entered the room. When she noticed me staring at her I just looked her in the eye. " Mom you've been really busy on the phone lately.  Wanna tell me something ?" I ask

" Well, honey I know that this house seems lonely when it's only you around. That being said I met a really nice man. We've been dating for a few months but I don't want to tell you because I know that you miss your father so much. He was special to us I know, but I can't just stay alone forever. " she explains to me and I nod trying to take in everything she said.

She pats my hand and smiled. " I want him to come over so you can meet his children and we can practice being one big happy family if that's ok with you. " I look at her and sighed softly. " I -I need time to think mom. That's a lot to take in and I'm not sure if I want to right now. " I get up and dash to my room. Everything is happening too fast.

I sit alone and think for a while. I'm being selfish I know, but I'm scared of letting someone like that into my life. What are the leaves and my mom gets depressed again? What if he doesn't love her and just wants her money then I'm left like Cinderella

I peep outside and see my mom whispering on the phone. She looked a bit weird and kept glancing over at the stairs. I caused a scene and acted like a little kid but I needed to.