17

A/N: Does anyone have any song ideas? Or ideas ideas on what to continue with in the next couple of chapters? Yeet thanks

*Warning*

Short and poorly written compared to the older chapters bc of my queerness driving me toward my queer stories... yeet... sowwy... also bc of my lack of inspiration
Enjoy!
-

"Hermione?"

She jumped a bit at the voice, even though it was just the-boy-who-lived-to-be-her-friend.

"Y-Yes?"

"Why are you with Malfoy?"

She gulped, unsure what to say. She was friends with him, and he grew on her. She got to know the real him, and he hasn't been the typical prick since Christmas.

"He's makes for rather great company. He's actually a pretty decent person, if you get to know him" she tried to casually reply, while losing all her "cool."

"Great company? Decent person? Malfoy? Are you okay—?"

Ginny interrupted the scarred boy's question of concern. "Blink twice if you need help."

"I'm serious. He really is a great guy," she insisted. Still, she received wary looks from Harry and Ginny, and a not-so-cautious glance from the-boy-who-ate while he munched on his food.

"Well," the ginger male incoherently spoke, "I'm sure he has a good side that only gets shown to a select few"

Had the rest of the table understood, they would have given him the same strange looks they did now throughout the whole day.

"Eat before you speak, mate" advised Harry.

By the time breakfast was over, Ginny stood up and cast Hermione a knowing look which made her sigh out loud, and fear the absolute worst on the inside.

She hoped she wouldn't accidentally let slip something she didn't want to be said out loud.

Something like "Voldemort is my father" or "Dumbledore kidnapped me" or "I may be catching feelings for Draco Malfoy."