Chapter 1

"Ship in sight cap'n!" the crowmaster cried. " Aye I see them, bloody slave ship. " muttered Captain James Kidd bitterly. "Ready the cannons, loose the sail, full speed ahead!" he barked at his crew. "We don't need to do this, James." said his sister Mary Read, "We have more than enough to get back to Nassau and Great Inagua in one full swoop." she reasoned. James cocked his head to the side; his chocolate brown hair pulled upright in a red bandana swooshed with him. James gave his sister an 'are you serious?' look with his hazel eyes. "Maybe so, Mary, but it's a slave ship that's probably headed to the plantations. Who deserves that kind of life?" he argued. Mary sighed, knowing she wasn't going to win this arguement with her brother, turned around and grabbed a flintlock off a crate and handed it to her brother. "Just remember not to go overboard."
" Ha, sister dearest, you of all people should know I always keep both my feet planted firmly on the ground, wherever we are. "
"That's not what I meant, James."
Aye, I know whatchya meant, and if it makes you feel any better, I promise I'll be careful." Mary glared at her brother with the same shade of brown eyes as James, "You better, we both remember what happened the last time you weren't." dhe growled with a hint of care. "Aye, I have a scar that reminds me everyday because of it." and points to the scar that starts just below the cheekbone and crosses his eye and through his eyebrow. Part of it was faded, but was still visible. "Comin' up on the ship cap'n!" a deckhand yelled from below. " you better get goin', or the boys 'll start without ya." Mary told James. "Not comin' with us, Mary? I'm sure the boys would love to have ya fight beside um again."
"Haha, oh no, you boys done near worn me out the last go around."
" Haha, well keep the light on for us then. "
"You know I will." He smirks at his sister and yells to his men from the railing, " Rush 'em lads, leave no quarter!" A chorus of, "Aye, aye Captain!" resounded all over the ship.

Author's notes: This is just the first chapter. I will probably post the rest of the story if you readers enjoy this snipet of it. Until then, Astarsin signing off.