A Wedding & A Engagement

10 September 2019

Swedish Royal Family attends Opening of Parliament

On 10 September, the Swedish Royal Family attended the annual Opening of Parliament in Stockholm

On 10 September, the Swedish Royal Family attended the annual Opening of Parliament in Stockholm. Only Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill were absent as they stayed in Florida where they currently live.

Traditionally, the Royal Family wears black and white outfits to honour the black and white court dresses that the ladies used to wear to the opening session.

The family first attended a church service at Stockholm Cathedral. Following the service, they took horse-drawn carriages to go to the Government Building where they attended the official opening ceremony with members of Parliament.

They were welcomed by Speaker Andreas Norlén. During the ceremony, King Carl XVI Gustaf made a speech to declare the 2019/2020 session open, and Prime Minister Stefan Löfven read the Statement of Government Policy. This year, the ceremony honoured five Swedish provinces: Härjedalen, Medelpad, Hälsingland, Dalarna, and Gästrikland.

During his speech, King Carl XVI Gustaf said: "Sweden's future is not only shaped in this chamber but as much of the development in our world. But the decisions made here affect everyone in our country. Not infrequently for generations to come. They are threads in the fabric that make up our future. " He also reflected on the speech he made to open the 1989/1990 Parliamentary session just a month before the fall of the Berlin Wall: "It was a time of relaxation between the world's superpowers countries. And of closer European cooperation. [...] Today, three decades later, developments have progressed in many respects. But in other areas, the challenges have rather grown."

The King also talked about another important Parliamentary decision made in 1919: "A hundred years ago, the Swedish Parliament made a number of decisive decisions, which together led to equal and universal suffrage. The anniversary reminds us of the importance of thinking and acting long term, for the good of our country."

In the evening, King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Prince Carl Philip, Princess Sofia Prince Eugen and Princess Mako attended the traditional concert at Stockholm Concert Hall. This year's concert was hosted by Concert Manager Stefan Forsberg, and the Royal Philharmonic was conducted by Mika Eichenholz.

-

20 September 2019

Prince Eugen and Princess Mako of Sweden Step Out in Rome to Attend Designer Misha Nonoo's Wedding

Prince Eugen and Princess Mako are celebrating another royal-approved wedding!

It's been a little over a four months since New York-based designer Misha Nonoo attended the Prince and Princess of Sweden's royal wedding, and now Mako and Eugen are swapping roles by being a guest at her friend's nuptials.

Nonoo tied the knot to American energy entrepreneur Michael Hess in a star-studded ceremony on Friday at Villa Aurelia  — a picturesque 17th century property in Rome.

The wedding is a VIP affair, with Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom, Ivanka trump and Jared Kushner, Karlie Kloss and Joshua Kushner, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie among the guests.

-

24 September 2019

650,000 likes

princessmako Congratulations to our dear friends, André and Alice on their engagement. So excited to witness such love between you two.

View all 9,7910 comments

-

The family gathers at Haga Palace for a nice lunch. Victoria, Silvia, Sofia and I are discussing André and Alice's upcoming wedding, while the men are enjoying talking about sports as usual.

"I'm just so excited for them. André is the perfect man for Alice and I'm so proud I get to witness their love. André will be a good husband." Victoria said, gushing about her Godson.

"I'm sure he will." Silvia said.

"I heard that there's a movie being made about them." Sofia said.

"Really? I thought that was more of a British Royal obsession thing." I said.

"Apparently, André and Alice's Royal Love story is on that level now." Sofia said.

"Well, I'm just happy for the both of them." I said.

"I know Mary and Marie are excited to have another woman around." Victoria said.

-

It was late morning as Eugen shook Mako awake, "Mako, it's time to get up. Long day ahead." Eugen said.

She groans and says, "Uhhhh five more minutes."

"Mako, we have engagements today." Eugen said.

"Uhhh, fine." Mako said, opening her eyes as the housekeeper brings in breakfast for the two of them to eat.

"Good morning, Your Royal Highnesses." Juliet said, placing the tray on the table.

"Good morning, Juliet." Eugen and Mako both day as Juliet walks out of the room.

After finishing breakfast, Eugen goes downstairs to go have a short meeting with his press secretary. Mako is in the master bedroom with her hairstylist, Tamera, getting her hair done.

"You guys have a busy day ahead of you." Tamera said.

"I know." Mako said as she sips her hot tea.

"It's been a busy month for you guys since your wedding. Have you guys been trying on having a baby?" Tamera asked.

"Oh no. We really just want to enjoy our first year. I mean if it happens then it happens but for now we're perfectly fine with it just being us two." Mako answered.

"I know what you mean. Jack and I didn't have kids until three years after we got married. But I thought since it was so common with royals to get pregnant so soon after the wedding that you and Eugen would do the same." Tamera said.

"I understand. I'm sure people are expecting announcement and I'll be watched like a hawk." Mako said.

"Are you ladies done?" They hear as Eugen walks in.

Mako turns around and smiles at Eugen. He leans down and gives her a kiss. Then he walks into the closet.

"You guys are so cute." Tamera said.

"Thank you!" Eugen shouted from the closet.