Fight

Mina's POV

Somehow I could sense Kyu's presence, rather than Naruto's. Had Kyu taken over Naruto? As much as I wanted to see Kyu again, I was still concerned about Naruto. For all I knew, he could become enslaved to the fox's chakra and, thus, become a mindless killing machine. He would lose all sense of reasoning and the ability to think calmly and rationally. If I could get out of here quickly, I could get to him. I didn't know how long I had been in my cell. It felt like an eternity. The tunnel I was in was dimly lit. I took my chances and started down the only way out of this place. I ignored all of the aches that I felt as I walked. I really needed to run but my body protested at each attempt.

"You'll never get anywhere with the way you're going." A familiar voice said.

I tensed up as I saw the medical nin that had been treating me since my arrival here at the base. He stared at me with icy blue eyes and a blank expression. I had a feeling that he wasn't going to let me go so easily...plus, I had a deep suspicion that he was one of Sasori's mind puppets, like Yura. I straightened up. I was a freaking kunoichi and I had to act like one. I wasn't going to let this weak feeling get me down.

"So you intend to fight me in your condition? Foolish girl. You'll just lose and, besides, I have orders to keep you here until the Jinchuuriki of the Nine-Tailed Fox has been captured."

Naruto...

This just made me more determined to stand up and fight...for my teammate and Kyu.

TenTen

Why do these tunnels have to be so dim? Haven't they heard of electricity? Clearly not. I could barely see through these dimly lit areas. I bet Neji was having an easier time navigating with his Kekkei Genkai. Sheesh. I kept my eyes to the front but I made absolutely sure that there was no one following me. I was taught to never turn my back on the enemy. They could pop out from nowhere and in this tunnel, they could use the dimness to their advantage. I clutched my kunai knives protectively in my hands.

Where are you Mina? Your chakra signature is weak.

Her brilliant chakra signature was surprisingly weak. I could only think that she had either fought hard or she had chakra suppressors, which was more than likely the case. From what I had seen, these guys were brutal and I could only imagine what they had done to Mina. I shivered as my thoughts about what they had done to her took a very dark turn. I shook that terrible thought out of my head and concentrated on her chakra signature. Suddenly, I felt some of her chakra flare to life. She was going to fight despite it all. I had to respect her determination. She was a true kunoichi, but I wasn't about to leave her hanging in her condition.

I'm coming, Mina. Hang in there.

I came to the end of the tunnel at last but I entered an empty cavern with two more tunnels. Was this meant to throw me off? Was this a genjutsu that I might have unwittingly walked into? I started to walk towards the center of the caver when I was met with a frighteningly accurate clone of myself. I prepared myself for a fight. Just how do I win against someone who was made to imitate my every move? I just hoped that my teammates were having better luck than I was. Little did I know that Lee and Neji were facing off with clones of themselves, too.