Chapter 10

I woke the next day on the balcony still in Ayato's arms. My skin was ice cold and my toes were numb but I didn't care. I nuzzled into Ayato's arms and smiled. I loved the way he smelt. It made me feel safe and at ease. Shuu told me he probably held me so much so his scent would linger on my skin so other vampires would stay away. I didn't mind it. I wished his scent would be on me forever.

"Pancake give me a kiss." He uttered starting to move about. I blushed and kissed his cheek. "What are you doing?" He said opening his eyes. "I... You asked me for a kiss soo.." I started to blush. "I meant on my lips!" He said smirking. I sighed and thumped his chest. "Your freezing!" He said frowning. "Yeah looks like we fell asleep on the balcony." I said smiling. Ayato shot up and picked me up. "I can walk!" I said sounding surprised.

He shook his head and turned to open the door. It was locked! "Looks like we're going down then!" He said smirking. "What?" I questioned confused. "I'm gunna have to jump down, don't worry I won't drop you." My eyes shot wide open. "No way! We can just wait for someone to open it!" I snapped but he ignored me. "Ready?" He asked smiling. I shook my head but he didn't care. He stepped on the balcony fence and chuckled. "Going down!" He said. I closed my eyes and hid my head in Ayato's chest. I was petrified but somehow just being with him made me feel better.

We jumped down and Ayato chuckled. "That scream was adorable pancake!" He said putting me down. I frowned and walked into the house. I was trying to act annoyed but a smile appeared on my face making him smile even more. I walked into the house and went to run upstairs until all five brothers blocked my entrance. "Good morning, what's wrong?" I asked looking at there concerned faces.

"We need to talk to you about what happened last night." Said Subaru. "It's all sorted, Ayato refused." I said getting a little defensive. "Come to my room." Said Reiji turning around. I followed and so did Shuu, Kanato, Laito and Subaru. We sat in Reiji's room and drank some of his tea. "Our father is the king of the underworld so clearly what he says goes." Said Reiji. "We think it's best if you break up with him bitch-chan that way he can go off with who ever my father chooses.

I frowned. "N..no!" I said looking down. "Listen to us.." Reiji said but I interrupted him. "NO!" I said standing up. "You listen to me!" I continued. "Me and Ayato are in love and no matter what your father says I will not leave him!" They all seemed shocked except for Shuu who had his eyes closed listening to head phones. Suddenly he stood and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down." He said. "We're on your side here, we're just trying to protect you and Ayato." He said in his usual sleepy voice. "Protect?" I said confused. "Our father is a cruel man who will do what ever he wants to get his way." Added Subaru. "He might try something to separate you but if your willing to fight for our idiot brother than we will stand by your side." Said Reiji. "Me and teddy are exited!" Said Kanato.

I left Reiji's room and went to my own. I was still pretty cold so I sat on my bed. All my night gowns were short and silky so they weren't very warm. "What are you doing pancake?" I heard Ayato whisper in my ear. I turned and immediately kissed him. "What's up with you?" He asked a little surprised. "Nothing." I said putting my arms around him. "Your so weird!" He said chuckling. "Shh. I'm just trying to warm myself up." I used that as an excuse.

"Well why didn't you say so sooner." He said pushing me on my back. "I know what will warm you up!" He said smirking. He kissed every inch of my body from bottom to top. My heart was pounding and the only thing I could think about was what his brothers had said to me. If I have to fight for Ayato I will! I'll never give up and I'll never back down because he is my everything.