Z e r o

T w o y e a r s b e f o r e

"Anna Kaitlin St.Clare, you are coming with me to get ice cream. You are going to quit moping around and have some fun. We will watch some movies and pretend Thomas never existed. Okay, babe?" Nineteen year old Madelyn Grant said, over the phone to a weepy Anna.

It had been Anna's worst breakup yet. Thomas Cliff was a boy from their school and was a total jerk to Anna. They had dated for a year and a half before Thomas dumped her for her ex best friend.

Now, she was crying in her living room talking with her two other best friends named Madelyn Grant and Hazel Clark. "Yeah, babe, you don't need him. He was a jerk to cheat on you with Ava. Honestly we all hate her." Eighteen year old Hazel said. Anna snorted, happy that someone agreed with her.

"Well I'm glad that we agree that Ava was a jerk. I mean come on, if your cheating on your boyfriend with your best friends' boyfriend, you're doing something wrong." Maddie said. They all laughed.

"We will be over in five An. See you then, babe. Love you!" Hazel said. She hung up the phone and probably went to go pick up Maddie.

Maddie lives about 3 minutes from Anna and Hazel, and she could drive, but her mom was at work with their only car. Hazel or Anna picked her and her sister Emma up for school every morning.

Emma was a junior in high school, Hazel was in her freshman year of college, and Anna and Maddie were in their sophomore year of college. They were home for winter break when Thomas broke up with Anna.

The five minutes came and the girls arrived at the St. Clare residence. "Hey, we brought ice cream, Pringles, and Mean Girls. I wanted to bring Harry Potter but Hazel said no." Maddie chirped. She glared at Hazel by the end of her sentence. Hazel shrugged.

"Hey this is for Anna. We all know that your obsessed with Harry Potter but we need to focus on Anna right now." She explained. Maddie rolled her eyes. "I need new best friends who actually like Harry Potter." She mumbled. They sat down in front of the couch and relaxed. Tomorrow they would talk about how Anna felt, but that was tomorrow. Right now, all that mattered was watching a movie and eating with friends.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Dude, get off your phone for a moment. We are going out to dinner as a group. Go put on clothes and smile for once." Jack Avery called to his fellow band member. Daniel sighed and put on a pair of black pants, a black shirt, and some black shoes. He was tired and didn't want to do anything. His band, Why Don't We, had just finished an international tour and this was their first night back in the US. They were staying is Boston for a night then they were going back to Los Angeles.

He loved the band and touring, but sometimes it was a little much for a nineteen year old. But poor Zach was only eighteen. He ran a hand through his hair and walked out of the room he shared with Zach. "Finally, He emerges." Corbyn called. "Haha very funny. Let's go." Daniel said. They walked to their cars and went to go get food.

In Corbyn's car, there was Zach, Jack and Jonah. Daniel decided ride by himself to dinner. "What's wrong with him? He was so happy two days ago." Zach asked. "I don't know Zach. Maybe being in tour was a lot for him. At least we have a while until the next tour." Twenty year old Jonah answered. The other boys nodded in agreement. They needed to fix Daniel soon.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After the movie was done, the girls decided to go to dinner at a Italian restaurant nearby. They put on normal outfits that consisted of sweaters, jean skirts, and toms shoes instead of the sweatpants and oversized t-shirts they were wearing earlier. Anna and Hazel put their hair in a braid and Maddie had hers down with her natural curls.

"Ready to go?" Hazel asked as Anna finahied up her mascara. "Yup." She said, popping the 'p'. The trio walked out to Anna's car and left for the restaurant.