F o u r

M a d d i e

"Oh yeah. Maddie, you got a date tomorrow. How are you feeling about it?" Anna asked.

"Give me a moment." I responded and left to go change out of my costume. I stayed in my room, after I undressed, in my underwear looking at my scars. He caused this, its his fault that I'm so broken. I started to cry. I was vaguely aware of the door opening and closing. I heard shuffling around and a shirt being placed on my body. 

"Maddie, breathe babe. Listen to my voice, listen to my voice." Someone called. I was shaking now and was barely aware of who was speaking. I tried to breathe but the walls were closing in on me. It felt like there was cotton in my lungs, making it harder and harder to breathe.I felt them hug me. I tried to breathe, I really did. But I must have lost consciousness because everything went black.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

When I woke up, Hazel was next to me in my bed and Anna was on the floor with a blanket and a pillow. After I had an attack, one of them would often stay with me. I looked at the clock. It read 2:30 in the morning. I sighed to myself and doubted that I was going to fall back asleep. Normally, I didn't go to work the next day because my doctor told me that she didn't want me passing out on stage and scaring everyone. I would have to call or have Anna or Hazel call for me.

I moved from the bed to the kitchen to make myself a cup of tea. Once I had the tea, I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv to try and relax.

I must have fallen asleep because Anna and Hazel were both gone by the time I woke up again. I put my cup of tea in the sink and looked on the counter. There was a note there, saying,

Mads, we called Will Wallace for you. They said it was fine to take the day off. We left a couple of waffles in the fridge for you. Call us when you wake up. Also, we left bubble bath in the bathroom for you. Go treat ya self. Love ya!
-Anna and Hazel

I smiled to myself. I really had the best best friends a girl could ask for. I took the waffles, heated them up, and ate them before I took a bubble bath.

It felt nice to have the whole day to myself. Well mostly to myself, I had Jasmine and Pippa with me. Hazel took Renee to work with her. I sang to myself as I put away the boxes of dishes and unpacked all of our kitchen supplies.

The day flew by because I wasn't doing much. I was reading in my room with the puppies when Anna and Hazel arrived home. "Mads we're home and here to make you even more beautiful for Jonah." Anna called and I heard the door slam shut downstairs. I groaned. I felt bad because I completely forgot about it.

Anna and Hazel entered my room. "Oh Honey, you are not wearing that." Anna said, referring the outfit I had picked out yesterday before my attack. Hazel clicked her tongue in disapproval. They walked over to my closest. I had chosen a skirt that ended at my calves and a white embroidered t-shirt. It honestly wasn't that bad. They picked out another outfit, consisting of a white tank top, a light pink jean skirt, black vans, a green jacket, and a black across the body bag.

I looked at it. It was better than my other outfit, but much more showy. I was used to tight clothes because I was an actress. But this was short and showed off my scars that were in my legs.

"I love it, I really do. But it will show my scars." I said. Anna pulled something out of the closet. "Ta-da! They are called nylons, babe." She said. "I know what nylons are."
I said, sarcastically and I rolled my eyes. "Good. Go take a shower, wash you hair, and come back and we will work our magic." Hazel said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

After a shower, Anna and Hazel curled my hair, put some subtle makeup on, put nude lipstick on, and gave me my outfit. "Go change." Anna said, pushing me back into the bathroom.

I changed, and I had to admit that I looked beautiful. Ever since he broke me I had always though if myself as fat or unhealthy, but this made me believe I was beautiful.

"Mads, you have twenty minutes. Come let us see!" Hazel called. I walked out of the bathroom, smiling. "There's that pretty smile. You look gorgeous, babe." Anna said, giving me a hug. "You look beautiful. Jonah is one lucky guy." Hazel said. 

I hugged both of them once more as my phone dinged.

Jonah Marais
It's apartment 153 right? Sorry, I forgot.

                  Madelyn Grant
Yes it is. It has a yellow door and a white wreath, in case you can't find it.

Jonah Marais
Thank you. I'll see you soon.

"Aww! He forgot our apartment number and he texted Maddie. Too cute!" Hazel said. I shushed her, smiling nonetheless.

We heard a knock on the door. I went to open it, it was Jonah holding a bouquet of sunflowers and roses mixed. "Oh my gosh, those are beautiful. How did you know that they were my favorite flowers?" I said. I looked at him. He was wearing jeans with a gray t shirt, a leather jacket, and black vans.

He looked very handsome and suddenly, I wasn't questioning myself because I knew this was going to lead to something wonderful.