Chapter Two

Jack's POV:

I put on some black pants and shoes they had in the drawers and also a red shirt with a red jacket. When I was finished I knocked on the door to give a sign I was done. The door was opened, but not by the two men who escorted me, it was a different guard. "Hello Jack, my name is Callum and I am your personal guard for as long as you stay here." He says and gives me a small smile. "Nice to meet you Callum." I answer him while trying to peek into the hallway and see what was going on outside of my room. "So you'll be following the schedule they set up for you. Please follow me this way, were going to get you some stuff." Callum says and he makes a follow me gesture with his hands. He closes the door behind me and it falls into the lock. "Please stand with your back against the wall and strech your arms out towards me." He tells me and I follow his commands, he handcuffs my hands together. "It's a safety procedure, but if you don't break any rules the upcoming weeks I can arrange that you don't have to be handcuffed outside of your room." Callum says and gives me an apologetic look. "Make sure to always walk by my side or in front of me when I am escorting you." He said and I nod in response. "Can I ask you something?" I ask Callum as we are walking through the hallway. "Yeah sure." He says. "Why are people wearing different colour shirts and jackets? And how many colours are there?" I ask him. "Oh that's for safety, the lighter the colour, the less dangerous the patient is. People in white are the least dangerous and people in gray are the most dangerous. And the colours are: White, Yellow, Orange, Red and Gray." He answeres my both questions. "We are here." He said and opens a door so I can walk into the room.

"So I don't know if you like to write, read or draw or something, since your hobby's are not in your files." He says. "I like to draw with pastels, which are sort of like crayons." I tell him while having a look at all the different books and stuff in the room. He nods and walks towards the corner of the room where there are some sketchbooks. "You wouldn't be allowed any pens or pencils, because you could stab people with them ofcourse, but the crayon things you want seem fine." He says and picks those from a shelf. "Am I actually allowed to be here?" I ask him confused while looking some boxes with scissors and other crafty stuff I could grab. "You are allowed in this room yes, I could've also left you in your room when grabbing all this, but I like to get to know patients more than what their files say." He says and gives me a small smile. "Now let's head back to your room." He tells me while opening the door for me so I can walk through it. I wait for him to lock the door an procede to walk next to him through the hallway. I still have not seen anyone in a darker colour than orange in the hallway, except for myself ofcourse. "How come there are no other Red patients here, or maybe Gray?" I ask him while trying to look through some windows in the doors to see if I can see some people inside of the rooms. "The Red patients are following a pretty strict schedule like you, and the Gray patients are kept away from the other patients as much as possible." He says and looks down on the handcuffs I am struggling with. "Are they too thight?" He asks me. "No they're fine, it's just uncomfortable in general." I say and he nods as a response. "This is your room, I'll remove your handcuffs and pick you up when your next appointment is, if you need me you can press the blue button on the door and if you need medical help press the red one." He explains to me while removing my handcuffs and I walk into the room. He hands me the sketchbook and pastels and closes the door behind me. Leaving me alone with my thoughts in this boring white room.