Two

Nightmare walked through the Snowdin of a HorrorTale AU with a frown. He didn't need to cause chaos in this particular AU but he needed a quick recharge on negativity and this one was a good place to do that. All the desperation and aggression in the air was slowly making him stronger.

Sure there was a risk that some residents might jump him, but he was scarier than any horror copy. So bring it bitch.

He walked slowly and silently until he reached a sentry station where he knew a resident Sans should be.

Horror was curled up behind his sentry station, whimpering quietly in pain as he clutched his growling stomach. It hurt so much... His Soul was crying out for food but he just didn't have any.

Nightmare heard the whimper and felt a small twinge of concern. Oh... another suffering one. More often than not he'd find AUs that were just.... too starved. The chances of a random human falling were slim and depended on the FUN aspect of the codes. Something which he didn't understand how it worked.

And this one.... maybe.... maybe he could give them mercy?

He walked closer towards the station, alerting the monster inside.

Horror winced when he heard something, or rather someone. He quickly got up and looked around. His magic was acting up, making him incredibly short-sighted.

"Who's there?!" He asked with an angry frown but he felt scared.

Nightmare paused and looked at the Sans closely. He looked... terrible. His magic was barely there and he looked so weak. It was.... painful to watch.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly. He needed to know if there was any way to save this person or to just give him a mercy death.

Horror winced when his arm started burning.

What was happening? Had the other already attacked him?

Nightmare groaned in pain when his arm suddenly burned. He covered the area where the burning was, hissing at the pain. What was happening?

Horror frowned when he couldn't see any blood. He ripped off his sleeve and stared at his arm which was glowing...

What the actual fuck?!!

Nightmare pulled back his sleeve, hissing at the pain and his eye widened as he watched as another mark began to burn away. The vivid red letters slowly burned by a bright glowing orange.

No.... but.... Was he-?

Nightmare looked up to look at the Sans whose arm was in a similar state. Another.... Soulmate. He'd found another Soulmate.

Horror stared at his arm confusedly. What was happening?

One of the sentences disappeared slowly.

Had his Soulmate died? Why that one? That sentence had always comforted him...

Nightmare stared at the Sans for a moment, dumbfounded before he found his voice. "You.... You're my other Soulmate?"

Horror looked up.

"Soulmate..?" He asked, sounding surprised that he'd ever get to meet his Soulmate.

He winced when his stomach grumbled again and curled in on himself a bit more.

Great, he'd found his Soulmate and now he'd starve to death...

Nightmare tensed when the other looked to be starving and half dead. He bit his lower lip before deciding to risk it.

"Hey, come with me." Nightmare said softly. "I'll bring you to my home with my other mate and... and we have food. Lots of food. We can help you. I can help you. Just come with me."