Clarke

I was nervous. I couldn't sit still for one minute and Octavia had to constantly give me a job.

I had spoken to Bellamy about a month ago when he said he was coming home and I was overjoyed. I remember the day after he left. It was fresh in my mind like it happen yesterday.

I finished eating my tea with Octavia and Lincoln. I didn't say much. Actually, no one did. Bellamy had been gone for just over a day and I wasn't coping well. I knew he would send letters as often as possible but know I wasn't going to see him for God knows how long broke my heart. He could die any day.

I put my plate by the sink before walking to my room and shutting the door. I was aware of Octavia's sad eyes on my back but I ignored it.

I climbed into bed, still fully clothed, and sunk into the matress. My thoughts wondered over to Bellamy. I may never see him again. Oh god...

I started sobbing. I hadn't broken down yet, well until now. The sobs wracked my body and tears dropped of my face, landing on the duvet. Reality hit me like a brick. I had been in shock up till now. I wanted to scream but I couldn't. I couldn't breathe. It felt like someone was standing on my chest.

Then Octavia rushed in with Lincoln right behind her. She drove me to the hospital and told the doctors I couldn't breathe properly. I now had an oxygen tank because something had gone wrong with one of my lungs and I was waiting for a new one. I knew it was rare that someone would give that up but I had to have hope.

I wondered what Bellamy would think of the oxygen tank. I unconsciously looked down at it with cold eyes.

I heard Octavia yell from the kitchen that he had arrived and I, like the other guests waited for the door to open with a smile on my face.