Chapter Two

Hey everyone! So I'm posting again. I hope you like and sorry if there are any problems. I haven't had time to proof it. 

Enjoy.

P.S. Votes and Comments always appreciated. 

The cab I took from the airport pulled down a secluded road and came to a slow stop in front of a white, cottage style home. I’d reached 16 Richard Road after two flights, a short train ride and a cab. Note to self: invest in a travel spell. I would not be going cross-country the human way ever again.

            I got out and traded my army duffle in the trunk with a wad of cash. The driver gave me a small smile before getting back in his car and driving away.

            Glancing around me, I realized how much the place had changed since my last visit three years ago. The garden, Bay’s pride and joy, was once a fairy tale oasis surrounding the entire house. Now it was overgrown with weeds and the spring blooms were in desperate need of a trim. The forest had grown in thicker behind the house, lending and eerie feel to the surroundings. Perhaps it was because of the events that had happened two short weeks ago, but a shiver crawled up my spine.

            I frowned, giving myself a mental shake. I was wasting time.

            Hitching the duffle over my shoulder, I made my way up the brick path, purposefully trampling on the grass sticking between the red blocks. Might as well get a head start on the gardening for Bay. By the time I was done with her, she’d also have the garden in tiptop shape again.

            I grabbed the wolf shaped knocker, feeling that it was rather ironic. The reason for the irony tugged open the door, his face immediately twisting down in a frown as he spotted me.

            “Hey, Uncle Ricky.”

            His frowned deepened to a scowl. “It’s Richard.”

            I simply smirked. My step-uncle was a hunter. Not the deer or bird kind. The werewolf kind. Out relationship was based on mutual hate.

I always found it quite humorous he ended up marrying into a witch’s family. Granted both my aunt and cousin were human, but he certainly didn’t like me. He hadn’t killed any of my kind yet, but I think that was only out of respect for them. He was a prejudiced idiot, but he genuinely cared for them.

            “Where’s Bailey?”

            “Locked in her room. She’s refused to come out since we got back from the hospital.”

            I didn’t like the sound of that. I knew from Aunt Diana that the hospital had forced Bay to stay in the Psych Ward for a week after the incident. They’d only been able to bring her home two days ago.

            Suddenly, Aunt Diana’s round, sweet face popped out over Uncle Richard’s shoulders. She gave me a sad smile. “Thank you for coming, Olivia.”

            I winced, but kept my mouth shut. Only Aunt Diana could get away with calling me that.

            Both of them stepped aside and gestured for me to come in. I quickly scanned around me. At least the inside was the same. There were only a few new photos scattered about the room.

            I adjusted my bag on my shoulder before glancing back to my aunt and uncle. “Has she talked about why she did it?”

            They shook their heads.