I'm Falling into your Skin

When Bruno had informed him that he'd be rooming with Trish for the night Narancia had been disappointed. It wasn't like he didn't like her or anything, he just thought she'd talk about lame girly stuff like romantic movies and fashion (as Mista was often prone to do). It had been a pleasant surprise when she had recognized one of the songs he'd been listening to as he lay on one of their motel beds.

They had struck up a conversation that Narancia was getting more and more invested in by the minute. Trish actually had good taste in music, he was discovering while they shared opinions. He gestured wildly as he finished singing praises for his favorite artist.

"Seriously? He's not really that good."

Narancia gaped, looking mortally offended, "Trish, what the hell!? I actually thought you had good taste!"

"What, am I not allowed to have my own opinions now?"

"No, no," he began condescendingly, "you're entitled to your wrong opinions!"

"Oh, wow. 'Entitled'? I didn't think you knew such big words."

"What are you implying!"

"Oh, nothing," Trish's voice was dripping with sarcasm and she twisted her face into the most punchable expression she could muster.

"Do you wanna fight?" Narancia questioned, eyebrows drawn. His eyes shone with mischief despite his aggressive tone.

Trish rose from her bed and raised her fists playfully, "try it, I dare you."

Narancia pounced and grabbed her fists, attempting to wrestle her back. They staggered around the room, knocking into furniture and laughing loudly.

The sound of a fist pounding against one of their walls startled them, "you two better shut up in there before I shut you up myself!" Abbacchio's angry voice rang out and the two separated, moving back to their respective beds.

An awkward silence arose as they were reluctant to make any noise. Abbacchio didn't make empty threats. Narancia fidgeted quietly until he worked up the courage to speak again.

"So uh... what do you think about everyone?"

Trish jumped but quickly regained composure, "Oh, um. I like Buccellati, he's responsible and calm. It's comforting."

"Yeah!" Narancia nodded enthusiastically, "I get whatcha mean!"

"Abbacchio looks scary, but isn't too bad. Mista's friendly and pretty funny, but... god! Does he ever bathe!? He smells awful and he's so hairy - he looks like a werewolf!"

Narancia laughed, "Abbacchio says he's a threat to public safety!"

Trish giggled and continued, "I'm not really sure what to make of Giorno though. He's calm like Buccellati, but not as approachable, even though we're the same age..."

"I don't know much about him either, he's barely been with us longer than you."

Trish's eyes widened in surprise, "Seriously? You all work so well together!"

"That's just cause Giorno is easy to get along with, plus he's super smart. I swear he can tell what I'm gonna do like a minute before I do it."

"He is pretty agreeable. Honestly, he's the most normal out of all of you - the most fashionable too."

"Can't argue with that, I didn't even know pink could look cool before I met him, although... his um..." Narancia coughed and gestured vaguely at his chest, "is pretty distracting."

Narancia regretted his words the moment they left his mouth and they sat in silence for a few agonizingly long seconds before Trish tentatively spoke up, "Yeah, sometimes I have trouble keeping my eyes off them. They're just so... big."