Chapter 4

Nick's p.o.v

HE WHAT?! That bastard! How could he hit Audrey?! What does she do that he has to hit her?!

"Baby....No." I looked at her, and she nodded. Tears were falling down her face, as were mine. "Yea...So that's what he meant." She cried.

I walked over to her, which had only been a few steps and lifted her face from looking at the ground. I searched her eyes, and realized she wanted the same thing as me.

I cupped her face in my hands, and slowly leaned in, her doing the same thing. "Is this ok?" I asked her. She nodded her head, and smashed her lips onto mine.

Audrey's p.o.v

I missed the feeling of his lips. We haven't kissed in years, but his lips feel more right than when I'm kissing Eric.

I melted into the kiss, as he pulled me closer by the waist. I pulled away slowly, cause I had my kids in my hands.

When I looked at Nick, his face wore his signature grin. "Was that ok?" He asked me. I nodded my head, "Yea. It was more than ok. It was great. Definitely better than the kisses I have with Eric. Well had."

He looked at me confused, but with a smile. "Good, it was great for me too. But what do you mean, had?" I sighed. "He hasn't actually kissed me since before he started abusing me."

"How long has he been doing this to you?" I felt the tears in my eyes, coming back, once again. "Since Jake was born." "What? Why?" I shrugged.

"I don't know. He whips me. He throws things at me. He punches and kicks me. And bites me. Or he'll pick me up and throw me on the ground, or onto a table. And to make everything better, he does it when I'm wearing 'his favourite lingerie', and infront of my kids."

I could feel my neck, wet, from my crying. Nick just stood there in disbelief, shaking his head. "No..No...No..He can't do that." I nodded, "Well...He does."

I bent down so I was at my kids level, on the ground. I was straightening out their clothes from the little wrinkles they had, while crying, avoiding eye contact with Nick.

They looked so innocent, not knowing what happens to me. Or the fact that one of their fathers is an abuser. 

I felt Nick's presence squat down next to me. I still didn't make any eye contact. He's the only person that knows what Eric does. "Baby, please stop crying." He turned my head to look at him.

"I can't. It hurts too much." I wiped my tears, but they continued to fall. "I know. I know it does." He pulled me, and my two sons, into his chest, holding us.

"I'm gonna be here, ok? From now on he won't ever hurt you again." I nodded my head, holding onto the three people around me.

"Hey Nick! We've been lo-" I heard a voice begin. Then another one interrupted. "AUDREY?!"