𝚍𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜

💌 | mentions of alcohol, fluff
☕️ | 1480 words
🍒 | inspired by holyblythe, tumblr.
support my new fic (lucas zumann is in it 😳) if y'all want to! "The Grand Heist" ✨

-

Christmas was never really Y/N's favorite holiday. There were much better ones, in her opinion. But the one thing she did love about this sweet time was the baked treats. And what better place to get them then at the school Christmas party?

"Cookies, cookies, and ooh, look at that! More cookies," she walked by the table, finding nothing really out of the ordinary. However, Y/N refused to leave without something delicious. After all, that was her sole purpose for coming tonight.

"Y/N, Y/N!" Ruby cried and ran up to the girl with a dish in her hands. "Your dress looks gorgeous!"

"Thank you, Ruby." she replied dryly, more focused on the sweet aroma hitting her hard. "What's that you have?"

The blonde looked down. "This? Oh, why it's just a pie. My mother baked it for the party."

"May I try some?"

"Of course!"

Didn't have to tell her twice. As soon as Ruby opened the lid, Y/N wasted no time in getting her own slice, then devouring into it. She moaned with delight. "Ruby, this is delicious. I think this might save my social life-" but then... a disgusting taste replaced the temporary good one. Y/N scrunched up her nose, but forced a smile to not seem rude. "What kind- what kind of pie is this?"

"Pumpkin, I believe."

I'll let you know it was a struggle for Y/N to not puke then and there.

Instead, she nodded, and walked to a corner of the room with her pie. When she suspected nobody was paying attention to her, she opened the window, and spit out whatever was in her mouth, as long as the plate. Then she closed the window, seeming as innocent as can be while whistling. Y/N walked over to Gilbert, Anne, and Diana, who huddled together and looked around as if they were paranoid. But she was far too occupied with the foul taste of pumpkin in her mouth that she ignored it.

"I think I'm gonna die, help."

As soon as she said that, Gilbert turned around. "What's wrong?"

He's always had a soft spot for Y/N, and most say because he likes her. But if asked about it, he would quickly deny it. Apparently, he's oblivious of his actions toward her being caught, whether it's the way he steals affectionate glances or when he smiles lovingly as she speaks. There was no doubt that he had special feelings for her, but he would never admit them out loud.

She leaned on him for support. "I just ate poison." This is the moment she notices the glass in his hand, and snatches it, desperate to drown the pumpkin. The drink is bitter and strong, but it sure is better than the pie.

All at once the three yell, "No!" but Y/N had already downed it all. With a satisfied sigh, she gives the glass back to Gilbert, smiling. Anne looks shocked, while Diana is at a loss for words. Gilbert just peers into the cup, wondering how she drank it so fast. And Y/N just keeps smiling.

"What? Did I do something wrong?"

Diana was the first to break. "Did she drink it all?" Gilbert handed the cup to her so she could see for herself.

"Oh, my gosh. We're dead!" Anne scoffed, shaking her head. "This is- this is disastrous!"

"Shhh!" Y/N put a finger to her lips, causing all of them to look at her. As soon as everyone's eyes were on her, she sheepishly looked down and hugged herself. "You're loud." she whispered softly, pouting.