II

The dorm room was loud and exciting for Emily. First day back had always been her favourite, not because of the schooling and education that would follow, but that you reunited with friends you hadn't seen for a while, and being able to unpack and spent the day doing no actual education that is being taken seriously. Emily had already dropped a smaller bag off at Thomas' room, though she would mainly steal his clothes. Emily liked having some of her stuff there as it just made the nights and mornings she snuck out to go to his room easier. It also helped he had his own room as they found out in the beginnings of their relationship, sharing a dorm with five other girls doesn't make the most intimate setting as the others found out when they walked in at the wrong time.

With Josie's music on as all the girls unpacked their trunks, talking and laughing, catching up on what they haven't already after seeing each other in the summer despite there different locations. Emily was helping Drippy with her mountain of belonging all in a mess only both Drippy's and the extra one when the door opened revealing the american, as they had found out in the door looking a mix between disgust and entitlement. 

"Excuse me." Catching the room attention as they all turn and look at her "Hi. I've been assigned this room." after receiving blank looks the blonde, Poppy demanded "You need to leave." sharing a look between the girls they burst into laughter. 

"Oh, wow, communal." Emily watching with a smirk and an eyebrow raised when she finally caught on, for Josie to stand up with a hand on her hip.

"Well, it's bed number five or the corridor. Your choice, mate."

"Move your stinking socks, Drippy." Kate, the neatest of the group called making Drippy walk over to Poppy's bed as if she was a wild animal quickly grabbing her socks.

"She's not going to bite, Drippy." Emily laughed before tilting her head slightly mockingly "well, actually she might." Watching as Poppy brought out anti-bacteria gel squirting it on the herself and the bedside table, including the lamp.

Poppy sat on the bed watching as Kate locked away her stash of chocolates "You lock away your chocolate?"

This question alone brought out Drippy's excitement "Key information, if it's the Wagon Wheel versus the Rolex, the Wagon Wheel is going to trounce it every time."

"Though a rolex would help." Emily winked at Kate making the two laugh.

"What's a Wagon Wheel?" Poppy asked confused.

"Jesu Christi, you have not lived."  Drippy ran from her bed with on to give to Poppy who took it to then look at the ingredients and dietary count.

"Ew. That's carbs and sugar."

Drippy only smiled and sarcastically drawled back "What a revelation. I had no idea." Squeezing Drippy's shoulder as she went past Emily smiled sympathetically "Nice try Drip."

Emily sat on her bed folding her clothes, watching with a laughing smile making eye contact with Kate as the new girl naively walked around their dorm trying to find a signal, her phone making bleeping noises as it continued to fail.

"What the bleep is that?" Josie confusedly asked as they all watched the girl's phone fail

Poppy snarked back "None of your bleeping business."

"It's an iPhone." Kiki informed before turning to look at Poppy "Good luck getting a signal. We only have two hot spots that work round here."

Poppy only scoffed looking down at Kiki's decoy phone "Maybe you should try entering the 21st century, Buck Rogers. This place is medieval. It's imperative that I make my phone calls."

Poppy just sat on her bed in between Drippy's and the new girl's bed, watching it all unfold with a sly smile. Poppy strut back to her bed in a tantrum, Kate stringing her tennis racket absent mindedly spoke not really caring anymore "It's pointless anyway.We're only allowed mobiles on weekends."

"How am I to call my therapist?" The room went silent as they all turned to Poppy letting out small laughs.

Josie asked confused "She's joking, right?"

"Of course, she's not." Emily laughed, pulling on Tom's sweater that she stole, looking fashionably oversized as Kiki stared at Poppy "Oh, sweetheart, this is not Beverly Hills, 90210."

Fed up Kate rolled her eyes "Just put it away before Matron catches you." trying to change the convosation looked at Poppy's clothes and asked "Where's your trunk?" 

"Hasn't been delivered yet." The exchange of looks between the five dorm mates caused a silence to fall over the room before Emily muttered 

"Shit."