Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

Daniela’s POV:

The rest of the night seemed to go by in a flash by me talking to Levent. I think I brought us closer together… a lot closer. I liked that. A lot.

My alarm awoke me like it did every morning. I sighed to myself and got out of bed. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and put my makeup on. I finished it off with my glasses and walked downstairs.

I skipped breakfast and headed out. I looked at my watch, noticing I had some extra time for once. I just stood on the front porch and looked through my emails on my borrowed phone. Yeah, I stole it from Cassey. She has a million in her room. I simply slipped my SIM card in and tada! My new phone.

“Spam, spam, bully, spam, college acceptance, spam,” I said to myself aloud.

I then thought about what I had said. Something sounded… different about one of the emails.

I looked down at the phone again. My eyes went wide.

“College acceptance!?” I basically screamed to myself. I squealed and started running to school, not wasting a minute to tell Levent.

I busted through the school doors and ran right down to his locker, seeing him talking to some of his friends. Not thinking at the moment, I jumped onto his back and showed him the acceptance email, also squealing the whole time.

“I got into Yale!” I said as I hopped off his back.

“That’s great!” He said, and gave me the phone back.

“I’ve been trying to get in forever! Finally they accept me!” I clapped my hands together.

He chuckled and glanced at his friends. They were just staring at him like he was a crazy person or something. It sort of irritated me.

“Well… I guess I’ll be going… Class is soon…” I said to myself and turned.

“Might as well come with you, we have the same classes except for one,” Levent said and waved goodbye to his friends.

I kept walking, keeping eye contact on the ground. I could now see Levent’s shadow next to me. God, he surely could catch up in a flash.

I walked into the classroom and took my seat in the back. He took his a couple away from mine.

I got my notebook and pencil out like usual. I took notes as the teacher talked. I glanced up and looked around at everyone. No one else took notes. Only I did. I sighed.

“Alright class, as you should all know we have a test today. I hope all of you studied. If you didn’t, I feel sorry for your report card.” The teacher took off her glasses and glared at every one of us, except for me.

Great, even the teacher knew I had studied. Isn’t that awesome? Probably not.

She walked by each of our desks and laid the test in front of us. I took my pencil out again and got ready for when she said we could start.

“You may begin,” She said as she sat down at her desk.

I got immediately to work and was done with the first page in little over a few minutes.

I felt someone’s eyes on me. I gazed up, and sure enough, the dude sitting next to me was leaning over his desk, trying to get my answers. I glared at him.

I shifted in my seat so he couldn’t get any answers. He scowled at me. I scowled back.

I went back to my test and finished the answers within another couple minutes. I flipped it over and sat back. No one else was done yet.

The teacher looked up and motioned for me to come up. I took my test with me.

“Quicker than I expected Miss Silverstone,” She somewhat smiled. I smiled in return and handed her my test.

I then whispered, “The guy next to me was trying to get my answers.”

She looked up and nodded. I returned to my seat and waited for the rest of the class to finish.

I pulled out a book I was reading and opened it to the correct chapter.

I started reading in my head. I was just about done when I heard the bell ring. I looked up. Everyone else was done with the test. Took them long enough, I thought to myself.

I put my book away and got up. I walked out of the classroom; only see someone’s shadow trailing next to me. I glanced at the shoes. Levent again.

I looked up at him. He had a scowl on his face which surprised me. Then again I didn’t know why, he normally has a glare, smirk, or scowl on his face.

“Why the expression?” I wondered aloud.

“Not looking forward to having to go to the doctor’s today. They insist that I “must have the last booster” or whatever it was,” He sighed.

“Ah, I know how that is. They made me have it as well,” I shuddered at the thought.

He chuckled once and then looked at the time.

“You have to go?” I felt my face fall.

“Yes,” He sighed as well.

“I’ll see you later?” I prayed he would say yes.

“Maybe,” He smirked and walked off.

I sighed. I continued walking home. I got home in recorded time this day. Normally it took around 15 to 20 minutes, but I got home in 10 today. I felt proud of myself for that.

I unlocked my house door and walked inside, noticing my parents weren’t home yet. Awkward, I thought to myself. Probably just busy at work.

I put my backpack down on my bed and changed into some different clothes. I then got out my homework and began working on it.

Hours passed by, and I was still working on my homework when I heard something banging on the front door. I ran down the stairs and opened the door.

“Levent? What’s wrong?” I looked at his sweat covered body. His hair was sticking to his face.

“I do-don’t know,” I could tell his breathing was uneven by how he talked. I also noticed his lips were a slight blue color.

I knew these effects. But I didn’t know what it was cause from, something with a ‘D’.

I ushered him in. I pressed my hand to his forehead. No fever, but he had cold and clammy skin. I directed him into the living room and sat him down on the couch. He looked really tired as well.

“Hang on,” I said in a hurry and ran upstairs to get my medicine book. I had a lot of books.

By the time I got back downstairs, he had passed out.

I dropped the book and basically ran to the couch. I kneeled down on the ground next to him.

I shook his shoulders and shouted his name what I thought was a thousand times but only seemed to be a couple.

Nothing happened.

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and dialed 911.

A female answered the phone in a cheery, happy voice which irritated me.

“How may I help you?” I rolled my eyes to myself.

“My friend just passed out! He’s barely breathing!” I hurriedly shouted.

“Alright, alright. Give me your name and address and paramedics will be there soon,” The lady said.

I gave her my name and address and hung up. I knelt back down onto the ground next to Levent. I brushed the hair out of his eyes.

The sounding of sirens blared down the street. I sat and waited for them.