LATITUDE 87.7

From the author of the critically acclaimed novel Wings to Redemption comes the thrilling second book in the Alex Boudreau Adventure series!

Greed… Power… Money… Viral Weapons… Politics… Entwined with Passion.

Benjamin Hunter, philanthropist, businessman and adventurer has been mysteriously kidnapped and becomes the subject of a world wide manhunt. What does he know about a weapons-grade virus with the potential to kill millions? Can Alex find him before international intelligence agencies—and the people intent on killing him?

Alex Boudreau, spy, black ops expert and notorious double agent blames herself for Benjamin’s baffling disappearance. Alex fights her inner demons and a past laden with deceit and scattered dreams, as she races against time and covert intelligence agencies to find the love of her life and bring him home—safely.

Her search leads her through the dense jungles of Western Africa, deep inside the computer network of a politically connected defense contractor, until finally, she finds herself in the middle of the highest, windiest, coldest, driest and loneliest continent on Earth—Antarctica. What she finds there could impact the world—forever

Here are the first 5 chapters of my second novel, Latitude 87.7 in the Alex Boudreau Adventure Series. The third story will be published in January, 2015.

I have an exciting project that should begin in January, 2015. I will be writing a novel along with another author who happens to live in England. We will bring our characters together in true thriller AND we will be setting up a separate site where people can join in and write the novel with us. This is something fairly new and we’re hugely excited about it. Stay tuned for more info on this.

In the meantime, take a t look at Latitude 87.7 and I’d love to hear your feedback

PROLOGUE

The room was large, opulent and imposing. Randomly arranged heavy gilt–wood and marquetry furniture stamped a marked contrast to the orderly and soft Rococo palette that blended the walls, ceiling and floor into a unified ensemble. Centuries of history adorned the walls and bookshelves from oiled portraits of the room’s past occupants, each ornately trimmed in gold–leaf, to original leather–bound works of literature and jeweled tiaras. To stand amid the aura of this sanctuary had undoubtedly humbled and inspired the most confident of men, yet the room reeked of backdoor alliances and secret handshakes.

Two men stood in the corner in front of a T.V. monitor mounted eye–level on the wall. One man cradled a fluted champagne glass and the other a crystal goblet. They took turns offering up a toast, backslapping and laughing. To any casual observer they would appear to be the best of friends, comrades sharing good times and treasured memories. To those more suspicious in nature, they could be enemies, keeping the other close, within his grasp.

“It’s a brilliant discovery, Stephen. Not only can it be used against the masses, but look at this.” Alan reached in his coat pocket and pulled out a small needle. A cocky edge trimmed his voice, “I could be standing this close to somebody,” his hand moved between them. “Let’s pretend it’s you. I hide this needle between my fingers, reach out and like that,” he tapped Stephen on the neck, “one sharp prrrick to the neck and the virus is delivered.”

“Let me show you what happens after that.” Alan inserted a disc in the media player, hit the ‘Play’ button and walked back to Stephen. He slapped him on the back. “Let me show you something quite remarkable, Stephen. This is a time–lapsed real demonstration of three men who were used as guinea pigs when this virus was actually tested. You’ll want to pay verrryyy close attention.”