Chapter One- MEMORIES

For the past two years I have been tormented with the memories of that awful night to any other werewolf it would have been the best night of them all and I believe it was. But as time went on I realised my mistake. How could I have hurt the one person I was to protect with my life? The only person that would have loved me unconditionally. My other half.

Because of my mistake my mate is dead. And as punishment i won't ever get to feel the spark of her touch, I would never get to kiss her lips, and she will never get to carry my pups. I would never get to feel the love that only mates bring one another, I was naive and now I pay the price.

Memories of that night came back. She screamed for someone to help her and yet i walked away from her leaving her there to die i ended her life with no remorse. How could i have been so stupid.

“alpha ?” a voice interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to see my best friend looking at me with a worried expression and I don't blame him, I've changed so much since that night, I became ruthless leaving the little innocence I had left behind.

“Yes?” I asked as a put the papers i was working away.

“Are you alright man?” he asked as he sat on the chair across from me.

“ what are you talking about? Of course i am why wouldn't i?” lies.

He shooked his head “Damon you're my best friend since we were 5 i know you better than anyone. And let me tell you that you have changed a lot over the year, you barely eat you don't go out, shit this office is basically your room. If there is anyone you can tell anything to is me” he stated but I know better, no one can ever know about what happen a mate is something very important in the werewolf community they were given to us by the moon goddess. Without a mate you are nothing especially to someone like me, an alpha, our mates are supposed to help us lead the pack. We are supposed to be one. Imagine  what people would think of me if they knew. This is a secret I'm going to take to the grave.

“Yeah I know” I gave him a small smile as I lied once again.

“Alright i'll give up for today” he sighed as he stood up. “I was sent by your mother to look for you she needs to talk to you and heads up she looks pissed” with that he walked out the door.

After i put everything away i stood up and made my way to the garden, my mom love that place my father built it for her the day after he found out they were mates and also as father used to put it the place where i was made.  Honestly there was no reason for me to know that. “Mom?” I asked as I walk through the doors but she barely spared me a glance as she water her plants.

“Take a seat “ she stated.

“What's wrong mom?” I asked as I sat on the chair yet she didn't respond and it stayed like that for 3 minutes until she finally broke the silence.

“Damon i want to talk about your mate.” 

“What is there to talk about i haven't found her yet.” I lied once again that's what my life has become lie after lie.

She stopped what she was doing taking of her pink  gloves she turned around facing me. “Don't lie to me! I am your mother!” she yelled as a low growl escaped her lips “ i am ashamed of you damon neither your father or i raised you like this.”

“Mother i told you i don't have a m…” I never got to finish that sentence when I felt a sting on my cheek. I was caught off guard my mom had never laid on hand on me till now and honestly I don't blame her. 

“How” I quietly asked. There was no point in lying anymore.

“So it is true.” she asked, yet i don't answer what was I supposed to say? That I hurt my mate like the bastard that I am “ oh my god damon” her eyes started to widen taking my silence as her answer. “I was hoping it wasn't true but your eyes said it all. How could you!” she yelled as a tear fell down her face but what hurt me more was the hatred in them towards me.