Chapter 5

A/N - Thanks so much for 100+ reads!

Max's POV:
Y/N has been acting... off for the past few weeks. Ever since she ended up running into the forest, to be exact. I am actually starting to worry. When anyone asks her if shes okay she would reply with "Everythings fine. Maybe you are the one who has the biggest problem of all." Then she would flash a big, bright smile and walk away. It's very... creepy, to say the least.

Me, Nikki and Neil were talking about how much she was dressing like how everyone dressed when Daniel was in charge. White clothes, plastered smile, wide eyes, occasionally whispering 'I love you, Daniel' and letting her neck crack every time she turned her head. So me and Neil decided to do an experiment.

"Heyyyy, Y/N!" I cooed as she turned and stared at me with that fake smile of hers. "Can you come over here? Me and Neil need to ask you something."
She frantically nodded as she started to make her way over to us. I nodded my head towards Neil signaling him to start talking about Daniel in a bad manner. Finally, she was in front of us.

"Ugh. You remember Daniel, Max?" Neil scoffed as he gave a disgusted look while saying his name.

"Oh. That bastard? How can I NOT remember him." I rolled my eyes. Y/N stared in disbelief. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"The way his stupid smile was always around." Neil continued.

"He forcefully put kids into the purification sauna."

"He was at every turn."
This went on between me and Neil until Y/N cracked and tried to attack me.

"DANIEL IS NOT ANY OF THOSE THINGS! HE IS A GOOD LEADER AND HE LETS PEOPLE CHOOSE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO! HE NEVER FORCED ANYONE INTO A 'PURIFICATION SAUNA!' THEY CHOSE TO GO IN! AND DANIEL LOOKED AFTER THEM!" She screamed as she took out a pocket knife and held it above my chest. Her smile was far gone and her eyes weren't full of love for Daniel, but hate for me and Neil. She continued, "HOW COULD YOU SAY ANY OF THOSE THINGS ABOUT HIM?! DANIEL IS AMAZING! I LOVE YOU, DANIEL!" At this point, she had tears of rage rolling down her cheeks and falling onto my neck. They were warm.

"NIKKI NOW!" Neil shouted as Nikki came running out the bushes and tackled Y/N off me. I quickly stood up and pushed Nikki off of her and pinned her on the ground. She struggled in my grip but I didn't soften up. This only made her struggle more.

"So... how do we change her back to her normal self..?" I asked while looking at both Nikki and Neil. They both shrugged.

"Shit.." I muttered. Y/N struggled more until she got tired and stopped. She put the signature Daniel smile on her face and just stared at me.

"Little Maxwell... Why don't you let go of me and we can pretend this never happened." Y/N stated through gritted teeth. I didn't respond.

"Fine. Don't answer." She smiled wider and continued. "Daniel~~ Your help is required!" She shouted. Then a tall, slender figure appeared and picked me up, making me let go of Y/N.

*To be continued..*

Okay so. Sorry to leave this on a cliffhanger but I needed to end it here. It is a short chapter (in my thoughts) but the next chapter will be longer (hopefully.)
I say 'hopefully' because I'm back at school so I'll have less time to make chapters. I will still make them in my free time tho. The next chapter will take a while to come out. Tata for now! ~ Izzy

Word count: 632