provocations

The look of outrage on Jumin's face should've been enough to send the message. He'd barged in your office with only the words, "What the hell?!" as a greeting. But you couldn't have appeared more bored as you looked up from the paper you've been reading to address him. You arched an eyebrow in question.

"Why did you do that?" His tone was strained with fury and he's holding himself back from climbing over your desk and shake a response out of you. You were only looking at him with an indifferent expression on your face. Jumin thought he had mastered and owned that front—looks like he was wrong. And not for the first time because everything he thought he knew about you, he always ends up being wrong.

You closed the folder in your hands, tossing it on your desk. "You're going to have to be more specific, Mr. Han. I do a lot of things. Not that I owe you any explanation in anything I do but all right, I'll entertain you for today. What exactly did I do to warrant that incredulous look on your face?"

You liked spelling things out for him— liked making him feel like a simpleton. Every interaction you have, you never missed a chance to ridicule him. At least, that's what it seemed like for Jumin. Simply put, you were out to get him.

"Nam Hyung Min," Jumin said. That should be enough context for you. And it was. You perked up—if the slight rising of your brows and you adjusting in your seat is considered as shift in your usually stoic expression that is.

"I was about to check up on Hyung Min about that. Thank you for the reminder. How was your time together?"

Jumin slapped his palms on your desk. "How dare you!" His voice was a yell now.

That bit surprised you but you were more confused than scared at the frenzied behavior of your colleague. "Did I do something wrong, Mr. Han? You seem upset."

Damn right, he's upset. How many times does he has to say it? "I am not gay." Jumin felt pathetic saying it out loud. Though he couldn't care less about others assuming this about him, something about you making the assumption got him heated. "And if you must know, Mr. Nam and I had an awkward day."

"Oh, I'm afraid I didn't know that." And you truly didn't. Maybe that was insensitive of you to set him up with a person not of his sexual preference. "I apologise for the confusion, then. I only had good intentions in mind with setting you up with Hyung Min. I'll make sure to get you a woman next time."

"What? No! I don't want you setting me up with anybody!" The two of you weren't even that acquainted with each other to play matchmaker. Jumin's head was throbbing. God, she's a difficult woman. "Stay out of my personal life."

"I assume that's a no for a female date then?" A glare found you and you put your palms up in mock surrender. "I intend on living another day so I'm going to stop. Again, my apologies."

"What even gives you the idea of me being gay?" It wasn't that long when you've merged your companies—you were only a shy of a month in the office. What is it with Jumin that make everyone suspects that he's gay? Is it because of his disinterest with women in general? Jumin found himself nodding inwardly. Okay, that may be it.

You didn't care much for office gossip but since you're new to the company you couldn't resist listening in and the speculation about the next-in-line CEO's sexuality intrigued you. Jumin Han was an attractive man, you didn't dare oppose that. You appreciate beauty in every shape and form and the man wasn't difficult to look at. Not that you'd tell him anything about it. You also heard that the man can be incredibly narcissistic.

"Just something I've heard around." You said.

"I didn't take you as someone who entertains gossips and rumors."