𝟡

𖥸

Jaemin waited for Jeno outside, his jacket swung over his arm. He didn't know if the date was a good idea, they didn't know each other that well after all and Jaemin was scared of his heart getting broken.

Again.

Yet he decided to give Jeno a chance. He knew he was a heartthrob, a boy who could have everyone and anyone. He knew Jeno was a boy he shouldn't mess with. He will only break him.

But he still waited.

"Hey, babe. Let's go?" The older boy appeared by Jaemin's side, side hugging him by his shoulders. The younger just gave out a nod, looking down onto the ground.

Jaemin was silent the whole time. He listened to Jeno blabbering about a lot of things. His hockey career, how he wanted to travel the world and how beautiful his family will be.

It broke Jaemin's heart. Jeno truly was just playing along with his game. To tell the truth, he really hoped that Jeno would take it to the next level despite the fact that Jaemin was scared. But now he knew.

But little did Jaemin know that Jeno was talking about him.

"Hey Jaem, are you even listening to me?" Jeno asked when he noticed the latter sipping on his iced americano while his stare was in the table. He looked so disappointed and sad.

As soon as Jaemin heard Jeno call for him, his head snapped up to see Jeno's eyes travelling across his face. Jaemin nodded softly before he looked back at the table.

Jeno didn't like the sight he was given. Jaemin seemed really sad and broken and Jeno had no clue what was going on. He just grabbed the boy's injured hand gently, getting Jaemin's attention once again.

"Is everything okay, Jaem? Did I do something wrong?" Jeno asked worriedly, his voice soft and quiet. Jaemin shook his head no, before flashing the boy a fake smile.

"Everything's fine Jen. Don't worry about me." Jaemin reassured him by widening his smile. It hurt him, knowing, that he's lying to the boy. He didn't mind lying to Chenle or Donghyuck, he knew the two won't pressure him and will wait for Jaemin to tell them, but Jeno was different.

Jeno was scared for Jaemin. He knew there was something wrong with Jaemin and as much as he didn't want to pressure him, he asked further.

"Are you sure Jaem? You can tell me everything..." Jaemin knew. He knew he could trust him, but there was something telling him that he shouldn't. Jaemin shouldn't trust Jeno.

And he just can't tell him.

"Trust me, Jen. I'm fine." Jaemin sighed out.

He didn't like lying to Jeno.

𖥸