Chapter 1

.Rin's P.O.V.

"Everyone; come meet your new housemate!" Meiko yelled from outside. I looked out the window, seeing everyone else already outside, greeting the new kid. I had just gotten out of the shower and was putting on some dark blue jean skirt, some black leggings and a red tank top. After putting on my sandals, I made my way to the group, seeing them surround a blond boy who was currently joking with Miku.

I walked up slowly, not wanting to interrupt, but the moment I step outside, the blond stops and look at me with shock in his eyes before his eyes flutter closed, and he takes a deep breath, his shoulder slowly shrugging upwards. "Len." Miku says with a warning tone as she looks at him and glares.

"It's fine, Miku. Don't worry." Meiko says as she walks up and puts a hand on the boy's shoulder. She looks over at me with a smile as she waves me over, and I follow, standing right in front of the new addition to this little family of ours. "Rin, this is Len." She said as she puts a hand on my shoulder. "He's currently... um, seventeen; just a year older than you." She explained, giving a nervous smile as she looks at Len as he rolls his eyes with a smile. "I hope you two get along swell."

I nod to Meiko before putting a smile on my face, sticking out my hand for him to shake. "Nice to meet you, Len; I hope we get along." I say awkwardly, watching as he grabs my hand, flip it over in his before bringing it to his lips, and a blush comes on my face.

"A pleasure, I'm sure." He says before kissing the back of my hand. I breathe in through my nose; I've never been greeting like that before, and the fact that the new kid has such an easy time doing it was... well, I don't know. I feel a pinch on my hand, right in between the knuckle of my pointer and middle finger before he pulls away. "I'm sure we'll get along just great."

Before I could respond, Kaito and Piko had dragged Len away, leaving me there with my own thoughts. I walked back into the house with the others after watching Kaito, Piko and Len leave for a run or something, and I felt a pulsing feeling in the hand Len kissed. Bringing it up to my face, I'd realized there was a small hole on it, seemingly nothing at all, but it was enough to make the gears in my head start going. The hole hadn't been there when I'd first come down here... but it's here now after I met Len...

Shocked covered my senses and I stopped walking as a gasp escaped my lips.

Had he actually bit me?!

Miku and Miki looked back at me, turning as my hand covered my mouth. When they asked me if I was alright, I shook it off, telling them I was fine, because I really didn't think they'd believe me if I told them.

.oOo.

I opened my eyes with a start, everything was hazy and my limps felt weak as my foggy mind tried to examine my surroundings and I start with a jump and a gasp as I realized there was a pinching feeling on my neck. I move my arms first, then my legs before realizing I was being straddled and held down. My legs moved around weakly, feeling my energy being drained out of me, a tingling feeling running throughout my body, "Nn...!" I voice out loudly as my hands turn into fist. "A-ahn!"

The chill of a summer breeze makes its way into my room from the opened window, the screen sheet keeping out the bugs as the air nips at the exposed skin of my legs, arms, shoulder and neck, making me wish I'd wore more than a tank top and some small shorts to bed. I shifted and struggled, trying to get the person off of me, "Ah!" I yelled as the things puncturing my neck dig deeper, and the person moans in delight as they take a big gulp of my blood, leaving me shuddering and gasping.

Soon, I stopped the little struggle I was putting up, my strength near gone and my breathing ragged. My eyes gazed over, and my head stayed tilted as whatever was over me continued to take my blood, and I hear each gulp they take as little groans leave my lips. As quickly as it started, it was soon over. The perpetrator pulled away, making me groan as they pulled something out of the crook of my neck, licking it to get some extra blood from me.