It's been fifty years

"Anne, please don't cry, please" - Hazan was hugging her mother. - I'm happy, I want this. I'm starting a new life with a man that I love. 

- I know honey, that doesn't make it any easier. - It' s just a few hours flight, I'll have my phone, we'll talk every day says Hazan and kisses her mothers tears.

"First call all passengers for New York, please proceed to the gate" the information was loud - "Hazan that's us" said Yagiz. 

"Yagiz, can we talk, I won't be long. I 've told you everything the other night." - Of course mrs. Fazilet said Yagiz. - "First of all, let's drop that mrs. I'm your mother in law now. I haven't been the best mother to my girls but I want you to know that I 'll be the best mother in law. Your world collapsed but we are your family, I'm your family from this day ever." - Mrs. Fazilet, I mean Fazilet thank you. - "2Sssh you don't thank your family , make my girl happy."

"Second call all passengers for New York, please proceed to the gate" 

Yagiz? - said Hazan . Yagiz hugged Fazilet who whispered  - "Take care my son, you deserve to be happy" Hazan hugged once more her mother and took Yagiz's hand. - " Let's go"

As all the passengers went through security control for the United States they all were in a big waiting room waiting for approval for their boarding. Security controls were sever for United States of America, especially for Turkey. That was the reason that Hazan and Yagiz had to do everything in a rush. She packed only her essentials and took her vase with daisy, luckily it went through security without any problems. She passed by the villa and said goodbye to her sister and nephew who were already packing too. She didn't see Hazim, she wouldn't even know what to say to him. Yagiz just called his brother Gokhan that he was leaving, he waited for Hazan on the Bosporus cost until she said her goodbyes. He was done with the man that he use to call Baba.

On the other side of the room a little old lady and her husband were waiting their flight to New York. - Did you take your medicine? - Burkan, do you hear me?  - I have women, I have -says he angrily and continues to wrap his Tasbeeh in his hand - We shouldn't have come, this was a mistake. 50 years have passed, I'm and old man now. Why do I even listen to you ? - Because you love your Nadide " and she takes his hand. The old couple hold hands. - He pauses and says "It was all worth it and I would do it again" and she leans on his shoulder. -" Look, Burkan, look ,it reminds me of us." As Nadide points to Hazan who leaned on Yagiz's shoulder and they were playing with their hands and laughing when he tricks her.  

"Dear passengers we are now ready for boarding" 

Ready? - Ready! They stood in line and soon their were seated in a middle row with 4 seats. Hazan sat, buckled her belt and was ready for her new life. She took Yagiz's hand - "Scared? " - No, I just like holding your hand" - He smiled and kissed her forehead. 

Darling, I'm so sorry , would you do an old women a favor? - "Of course" said Hazan  .-" I don't like flying but the worst are take offs, can I hold your hand? "- Nadide, what are you saying ?" Burkan snaped, gaving an apolegetic look to Yagiz and Hazan. - " Oh, It would be my pleasure" said Hazan and took an old women's right hand with her both hands. 

Once the seat belt was off the two women were already chatting. Nadide and Burkan were married for 49 years and going back home to the States. They lived in New Jersey for almost 45 years, they had two sons.   Nadide had problems with her blood pressure and was weak at her feet so once they landed they remained seated  until airport staff came to take them. Hazan and Nadide hugged. - It was a pleasure meting you and she shook Burkan's hand as did Yagiz. - "The pleasure is all mine my dear, enjoy the States" said Nadide and smiled  like a mother smiles to her daughter.  - My Berguzar would have been her age she thought. 

Once of the airport building, Yagiz was waiting for their  airport transfer.  Hazan was gazing  the JFK airport - "How long do we have to until your house?" - It depends of the other passangers on the van, but.... Hazan, are that the old lady and her husband over ther?" ask Yagiz pointing  to Burkan who was  pushing Nadide in her wheelchair and  their suitcases. Yagiz runs towards them.

" Let me help you with that" and he takes his suitcase. -"Is somebody picking you up? - Yes, well no and takes a deep breath.  -"No problem, I'll call you an uber. Where do you live ?"he asks and pulls his phone. -"No, that won't be necessary" said Burkan. - "Highland Ave 1056 "- Nadide interrups Burkan's stubborness. -" Tesekkur my dear"

Uber was there in two minutes, Yagiz helped Burkan with his suitcases into the cab and with Nadide who was very weak. - Thank you mr. how was it?  -" Yagiz " and he stops, Egeman was so hard to pronounce . Thank you mr. Yagiz and he enters his Uber. - " See, there is still good young people , aren't there Burkan? -  "Once we get home I'm firing that boy you hired" - "Tamam"

The uber ride was smooth, soon they were in front a luxury gate. The driver helped with their bags. Burkan wanted to pay but the driver insisted that it has been covered by a card. - But who paid, I don't understand? - Yagiz Egemen ,said the driver

- Yagiz Egemen , Yagiz Egemen , I'll remember that name said Burkan looking his Uber driving away.