My love is your love

"Mrs. Jones, please go and help Nadide to get up ,she feels very weak  today." - Of course mr. Evily says a women in her fifties dressed in a black skirt and a white blouse and goes quickly to the upper floor.  "My God", he says sitting in his chair in the living room "give my Nadide strength. If it comes to that, spear her, take me" and closes his eyes touching his face in the sign of a prayer.

"Oh Peggy, please help me to get up "- "Good morning mrs. Nadide, I came up just for that." - "Good, good, this morning my legs don't listen to me." The two women smile in a sympathetic smile - "Jet leg didn't help my tired body."  Peggy lifts Nadide from the bed and sits her in a big ottoman chair that is near the master bed and goes into walking closet bringing a dark blue dress. - "What about this one today?" she asks. - "Very good" says Nadide with a a pale smile and Peggy start undressing her nightdress and dressing her.  " Here, the color looks good on you" - "Right, thank you" - "Mrs Nadide, I wanted to apologize about my nephew." - Oh Peggy, Burhaan is very upset, there is nothing I can do anymore. He left us waiting in the airport, without an explanation." - " Oh mrs Nadide, I can't tell you how sorry I am. I asked a job for him, I tried to get him a roof over his head but this is the way he thanked me" and starts crying. - " Peggy, Peggy, sssh. It's all fine, we got home quickly, but Burhaan won't have him here anymore" - " I understand" - "Help me find my pearls, they would look good on my blue dress"  The woman laugh, Nadide takes Peggys hand and says - " Don't worry, we will find something else for your nephew" meanwhile Peggy puts a pearl necklaces on Nadide 

" So, how was Turkey, did Istanbul change a lot?" -" It was good, it's so big today, so much traffic and jelling" - says smiling " but the one thing that it didn't change it's people's joy for living and their smiles. Peggy ,there everybody smiles and cay is so good. The smells of a fresh tea and baklava with a view to Bosporus is something that took me back when I was a young girl. You know, my father owned a little bar, a coffee shop where only man could go but at the evening when he would come home and hug me I would smell apple in his shirt. " She closes her eyes and a tear drops from her eyes - "How long it has been that you haven't been there?" -  " A long time, I went in 1985 when my father died. It was Burkan's first time since 1969 when we letf for the States.  Of course our children went much more, but Burkan is a proud man."

 - " Has he seen his brother?" - Peggy asks

- Mother, can  I come in ? a voice from the outside came. Nadide just signed Peggy with a look that they would talk later . "Burk, son come in."

- "Mother" he comes in rushing and hugs her kissing her hand. " When Father called me I rushed over, how are you? Let me check you" - " Oh honey, dad exaggerates. I'm 73 years old and my body and soul are tired. The flight back home was long" she touches his worried face. " How are you my son, let me look at you. You are so skinny again" - Mom, he says laughing, now you are exaggerating. I have been working long shifts so this is just a result of lack of sleep" - " Peggy can  have a blood pressure monitor ? - "There is no need " says Nadide making a face to her son" - "If you wore a watch a got I would get all the info  I need on my computer" . As Peggy enters the room Nadide says to her " This is when your son is a surgeon, he thinks everybody is sick" - Your blood pressure is low, please rest today. Don't go downstairs. Peggy will get you everything you need. - " Tamam, tamam my son. Help me get to my bed" 

Once they were alone he gives a look - " Did I tell you not to go? I saw Father downstairs he is again in his thoughts, sadness can be read on his face" - Burk, he is his brother. Wouldn't you go and see Demir if he was sick?" - Mother, Demir and I speak everyday, he is my brother and best friend.  My brother didn't disown me like that guy" - " Uncle Samet  Burk, uncle Samet and please don't refer to him as that guy especially in front of your father" - "But mom, how can you defend him after all this time? " - "Burk" she says in a serious voice.  "You and your siblings can never understand where your father grow up and how his family was.  A clean cheek how they call it was the only possession that a poor family had as it value. Everything was valued in how of a good man you were." - "Mum, Baba is the best man I know! A man that worked triple shifts so Demir, Berguzar and I wouldn't miss anything. - " I know sweetheart but there is much more to the story that you simply can't understand. Turkey in the sixties was a much darker place than Istanbul  now where you go to enjoy sun and the sea" - "But Mum.." - " SSh, go downstairs, just be with your Father and don't ask questions if he doesn't talk. I'll lay a little bit! - "Fine" he kisses her - " Eat something"Nadide jella as Burk goes out laughing.

"So is everything so big here? "Hazan asked as they came back  - "It's different , you need to get use to it" Yagiz answered as he went through his mail -" Only bills" he says as he puts a pile of paper on the counter. Hazan went to get a bottle of water and comes in the living room sipping the water - " I still can't believe that the place is the same as your place  back home. Actually it doesn't help me to understand where I am. "-" Don't get use to it" says Yagiz laughing, "I'm not rich anymore and I might sell it."  She gets close to him on the couch. -"We will be fine, I don't care where we live "and leans to kiss him. They stay in a soft kiss when Hazan starts humming a sound. Yagiz starts to laugh - " Don't laugh  I know this one " and starts singing  taking her bottle as a microphone :

"If I lose my fame and fortune 

And I'm homeless on the street

And I'm sleeping in Grand Central Station 

It's okay if you're sleeping with me" 

 Yagiz laughed so laud, his eyes were smilling to and said  "Look at this   Alexa, play My love is your love by Whitney Houston" 

As the tune started  from the audio sistem Hazan made a funny face to Yagiz who took her to his arms on the couch. They snuggled.

- "I was better than Alexa" - "Hmmm ", he said "kissing her neck" and goosebumps attack her body.