Chapter 1 Changes in Leadership

~Adora POV~ 

      It's been a week since the Horde had activated a portal to destroy Etheria once and for all, I'd finally stood up to Catra, and Queen Angella had sacrificed herself to save all of us. When I'd told everyone, sadness spilled everywhere among us and especially Glimmer who now had nor a mother or father anymore; her aunt Castaspella had come once Bow had sent a message explaining what had happened and she had quickly come to help and support Glimmer in any way possible through her rugh times. 

      Bow had decided that since Angella was gone, Glimmer would have to be queen and Shadow Weaver had agreed with him and so we had all decided that it would be today. Glimmer hadn't come out of her room since yesterday and she had closed the window to enter her room and locked her door so that no one could come in. I'd guessed that she was probably getting herself ready for the coronation today and the only person Glimmer had let come in had been Bow so that was ok at the very least to know she didn't want to be alone. Most of the princess from the princess alliance had come yesterday, Bow and I had invited some of the important people Angella and Micah use to know so they could come, and Bow's dads, George and Lance, had been invited as well so that they could see how much had changed.

      Since I'd woken up, I'd been in my room looking at my sword sitting down in bed in a red dress with a black ribbon that was a little tight on the waist and in some golden flats, that Perfuma had just so happen to have. Bow had gotten dressed early too and he'd decided to wear what he wore at princess prom; most guests from princess prom had worn what they had during the prom except for Frosta, Mermista, Sea Hawk and soon to find out... Glimmer. As I'd looked towards my sword, I started thinking about something Catra had said to me. "If you hadn't gone out and been the worlds worst She Ra, none of this could've happened." In a sense I felt like she was right in some ways but I knew as a fact that if I hadn't gone out and become the worlds wo- I mean She Ra, then I would've been blindly destroying homes of innocent people. 

      I fiddled with the ribbon of my dress and heard my door open up and when I looked up, it was Bow. "Coronation is about to start, you ready?" Bow asked and I looked down at the sword a final time and gave him a faint smile as I looked back to him.

      "Yeah, let's go." I responded then gently put the sword on my bed and followed out the door alongside Bow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Bow POV~

      My body started shaking as I walked towards the throne room where all the chairs in the palace had been set up yesterday for Glimmer's coronation today. When Adora had told us that Angella had stayed behind to save all of us, Glimmer had been heartbroken and even though she didn't want me to tell this to anyone since I was the only one who saw this happen, whenwe had gone back to her room after Adora had said she needed some space for the time being... Glimmer dropped on both knees and started crying so many tears that after she cried, her eyes were completely bloodshot, although while she cried I started crying to as I got on both knees and gave her a hug of comfort.

      I remember her telling me, "I'm so scared Bow... So damn scared..." Even though no one else but me could see it, every time she made a single smile from then on it could be like I saw a glitch of her still crying, her face buried in her hands. When I told her about the coronation, her exact words had been, "I want you to invite your family, because you're all I have left, ok?" It had been as though she didn't care when it was or how it was going to be, but I knew that what she had meant was that she had wished that when her time had come to be queen, her mom and dad would be there... But now they're gone.