October 19, 2010

I had a dream.

I was running through the woods.

There was a tall man.

Every time I turned around, he was there to await me.

I had a dream...

That a tall man in dark clothing was going to take me away to my death.

I run so slow in my dream.

Or the tall man ran quick.

I was slow... like honey.

I fought my way to escape.

      I woke up in my bedroom, surrounded by the blue walls. It was dark, very dark. I looked at my phone. '5:43 a.m.' How troublesome... School is tomorrow, and I need more sleep. I shrug it off, I was going to wake up in a couple of hours as it was. I turned off my alarm clock and rolled out of bed. School wasn't a walk in the park for me, it was boring and dumb. I knew all my basics, why couldn't they let me out of that prison?

      I gathered whatever clothes I could find and I scooted off to the bathroom to prepare myself for the hell I was about to endure. I looked in the mirror and ruffled my hair. What a mess... I picked up a comb and bushed my hair out. I shook my head to give it a more messy look. I threw my clothes on and walked into my room. I picked up my bag and walked downstairs to the living room.

"I'm thinking waffles..." I mumbled to myself as I dragged my feet across the floor to the kitchen.

      I opened the freezer opened the package of waffles and dropped them in the toaster. It was going to be a bit of a wait until they were ready, so I took a seat at the kitchen table. I caught a glimpse of something in the corner of my eye outside the window. It looked black and white, but when I turned to get a better look at it, it was gone.

"Well you're up a bit early." I heard a joyful voice come from the stairs.

"Good morning, Dad." I replied joyfully.

"Good morning, Eerin." My father replied with a smile.

"Stay up to late?"

"Dad.."

"Talking to boys?"

"Dad!"

"No boys. Not until you're 40."

"Whatever."

     About that time my waffles popped out of the toaster. I walked over to the toasters and got them out. I juggled them because they were very warm. I threw them on the plate. I picked up the waffle and nom-nomed upon it. I looked at the clock above some of the pictures in my house '.... 7:20...' Damn, time sure flies by when you are eating waffles and talking to your dad. I waved my dad a farewell and I was out the door.

For some odd reason I felt as if someone was watching me... deep beyond the trees.