2.

Find what you love and let it kill you.❞ —Charles Bukowski

He came to her as a hurricane in the brooding, dark, swirling seas. Lightning flashed across the sky, and she'd feel the electricity zip throughout her and flash in her eyes when his skin touched hers.

"Juniper," he said, his lips quirking up slightly, "Come closer, darling."

He was smiling slyly, distractedly, mysteriously. His eyes were fierce but his touch was soft. His breath was hot but his gaze was icy. He was a paradox of a boy, networks and wires intertwining into each other, clashing and contradicting and entangling to create one complicated paradigm of love and lust and desire.

"Closer"

She slightly opened her begging lips, closing her eyes as she neared closer and closer towards him. His words echoed in her mind, coming as a solace to her darkening thoughts. His eyelashes tickled her cheeks as he placed a kiss on the edge of her lips.

He pulled away, opening his mouth to say something, and she readily prepared her ears for the enchanting melody that would soon fill the air. But instead, a loud, shrilly ring ripped her apart from her thoughts, and she flung her eyes open as she miserably sat up in bed.

She groaned at the realization that it was simply just a dream, and she reluctantly got out of bed and slammed her hand against the off button of the alarm.

It was the third time this week the dreams infiltrated her subconscious thoughts, and they seemed to come even more than usual lately, each one more vivid and detailed than the last. There were often times she'd even find herself in class drifting off and fading into the feeling of his skin against hers which she fabricated within her wishful thoughts. Sometimes the desire was too much for her, too real, and she'd have to remind herself that someone like him would never give someone like her the time of day.

She was plain, quiet, easily pushed aside and forgotten. She loves and loves and loves until she cannot love anymore, giving herself away to everyone as much as they please. And she loved him, she loved him, she loved him. But he would never know, and so the cold swirls would continue to brush and blow and breeze across the dull ache that resided in her chest.

The school days fell away in a restless string of monotonous motion, each one seeming to blend into the next. It was not long before it started to seem as though she was living the same exact day, over and over and over again. All of the desire and wish and hope in her bones started to dwindle away with every sunrise that spilled over the horizon.

She would wake up, brush her teeth, rush around in a series of restless motions in attempt to get ready for school. She would float through the hallways, completely unseen. Their eyes looked right past her, right through the gap that bridged her glossy eyes. She was completely unnoticed, completely ignored. She was used to it, really. She was used to life handing her the bare minimum of what she wanted and nothing more. She was used to being so plain, so everyday, so bland. Monotony was her reality, and so she accepted it, curling her begging hands towards her chest and casting her eyes down towards the earth.

Sadness curled around her like weeds pulling her deeper into the sinking sand, and with each passing day, she'd watch as her dreams floated further and further away from her, becoming an untraceable dot in the increasing distance. She wanted him. But she wanted a lot of things from life that didn't come, and he was no exception to this rule that had been decided in her fate the moment she opened her eyes to this world.