1. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚

3rd person's point of view

New York, USA 2016

"You and me always forever, we could stay alone together, you and me always forever, say you'll stay never be separate." A beautiful voice sang quietly, It was Asteria's mother. The woman is stroking Asteria's hair as the girl was on her mother's lap. They're both hiding in the secret room inside Asteria's room, the only people that knows that hide out is the family so no one could find them. Their house is being attacked by a gang, the 15-year-old girl's mom told her it was the French.

"Mama, how long do we have to stay here?" The brown haired girl asked her mom. "I'm afraid I don't have an answer to that, my love." The woman replied with a thick Russian accent. "Hopefully the night ends with us being safe." She whispered. Deafening gunshots were heard around the house, making Asteria fear for her and her family's lives.

"Mama I love you, I promise I will not be naughty anymore just please make it stop." The girl began sobbing. "Don't cry my love, I love you more. Be strong and do not be afraid because it'll be over soon." The woman hugged her child; although she assured her daughter that it'll be over, she actually do not know when. While Asteria knew that her mother is uncertain of when the attack will be over, she fell asleep nonetheless.

She woke up to her mom screaming. "Let go of me, you bastard!" She yelled. "Shut up you whore, I'll kill you." The man threatened. The voice sounds so familiar Asteria thought. Is it her uncle? Uncle...

Asteria's point of the view

Present day

"No!!"

I jolt awake; Cold sweat has been dropping from my face. It still pisses me off, I've the same dream these past few weeks. It always ends there.

As I catch my breath my door opened, it was my brother, Callum. "Asteria, you've been having nightmares for a month now, I'm really concerned." My brother warily said. "It'll pass, now would you be a dear and give me some water?" I ordered. "Fine." He gave me my water and sat down on the bed. "It's always the same dream.. I was gonna find out who killed mama." Callum sighed. "I miss her, Czarine." My little brother whispered. "I know... We all miss her, Callum."

I heard my phone ring, my father is calling me. "You're really lazy dad!" I answered. "Your room is on the other side of the house, I'm too lazy to walk." He replied. I chuckled, "What is it dad?" I asked, all humor went away and I got chills for some reason. "Meet me in my office. I'll give you time to prepare, моя дочь." (My daughter.)

"I'm gonna bathe, now shoo! Leave my room you dirty peasant!" I yelled with a very terrible british accent. "Fine, wait did you just call me a dirty pea-" I cut him off but pushing him out the door.

Finally, some peace and quiet.

I went to my enormous bathroom, I honestly feel like it's bigger than my room. I took a bath and changed. I wore a white oversized t-shirt that I stole from Callum tucking it in my red skirt short thingy, and a pair of shoes I found in Chael's room.

I went downstairs and inhaled the sweet sweet smell of pancakes that our maid, Rosalie made. She's like our mother figure now. "Smells delicious!'' I spoke, accidentally startling her. "You scared me for a second there!" She whisper yelled. "Teehee, sorry rosa." I gave her a sheepish smile. "Eat." She ordered. "Yes Ma'am!"

The pancake is delicious. I went and made my iced coffee, I can never start the day without it. "Say, that shirt looks very familiar..." I heard Aleksi say. "Yeah, I stole it." I stared at him with a blank face "What!"

"It was Chael's idea!" I went and 'defended' myself. "Hmpf, top ten anime betrayals! Shaking my head Asteria." She frowned and shook her head. We stared at each other and laughed. "You guys have lots of money!" He was annoyed. "It's called being practical, Little Brother." I heard Aleksa say. "You're just 10 minutes older!" He yelled. "Best 10 minutes of my life."

Now they're bantering. I left them and went to my dad's office. "Привет, папа." (Hello, Papa) He gestured me to sit down. "You are well aware that you are the heir, am I right?" He questioned me. "Да дорогой. (Yes, father) I replied. "You will inherit both the family business and the валькирия." (Val'kiriya)
I am still astonished, papa must've trusted me too much to make me inherit all of it. "I am capable, papa." I replied.

My dear papa smiled, "I asked your sibling first if they want to, they said no." He explained, "Both had the same response, "I'm still young papa, I don't want a huge responsibility." It's creepy." He added. I chuckled, their telepathy is almost perfect, it's peculiar but cool. "Your mother would be proud." He smiled. "You think, papa?" I asked. "Of course, our eldest daughter will now inherit everything!" He said enthusiastically.
He hugged me, "I am proud of you, my love."

I went outside, I suddenly felt really important. "Now don't get all high and mighty, Astiwuh" I heard Callum say. I looked at him the eye, "I thought we've established to never say that nickname ever again?" I heard Chael laugh. "Oh come on, my own siblings are ganging up on me, I feel like I've been hate-crimed."
I frowned and shook my head.

I hated that nickname so much because when I was eleven, I had a classmate named Finn that needs to go to my house for a school project...These two can pronounce my name but just say Astiwuh because that's they've called me almost their whole life. I've asked them not to call me that because I really didn't want that nickname to be known since I liked Finn, but Callum is a demon child "Astiwuh, I'm hungry." He whined and then Finn heard it and said "That's a stupid nickname." while laughing, so I told my mom to send him home and I cried in my bedroom.

It's not much but damn it that traumatized me. I didn't talk to them for a month and they promised to never say that name ever again, but now ten years later, they've broken their promise. "Astiwuh will inherit everything, hoowei." Chael mocked. "I'm so gonna beat you both up."