temporary

r18     

      Doing school activities, spending time in my school, cooking meals, reading books, and playing online games were all part of my daily routine as a college student, but not until I met the girl whom I really loved the most. But guess what? We can't be together because she's already engaged to a man she doesn't even have feelings for. Her parents forced her to be together with that abusive fiancé she has.

        But despite my feelings toward her, I kept them to myself and stayed friends with her.

        "Rei?" Her voice made me go back to consciousness.

        "A-ah yeah?" I stuttered, blinking my eyes.

        "I called your name four times, but you didn't answer. Are you okay? Is something bothering you?" she asked in her concerned voice.

        "I'm fine, don't worry. Why did you call me again?" I asked, changing the topic so she wouldn't ask more.

        "I'm asking if you can accompany me to the Radini bar," she repeated, flashing a please-say-yes smile.

        "You're going to drink again because of that bastard?" I asked, curving an irritated smirk as I shook my head. I know we're not minors anymore, but drinking alcohol is very unhealthy for our health.

        "It's not because of him, Rei. It's because I want to relax with you -"

        "So you think drinking alcohol is a way to relax, huh, Liz?" I slammed the table as I rolled my eyes.

        "Hey Rei, calm down. Don't worry, we won't get drunk. So please come with me." Her eyes glittered as she intertwined her hands, pleasing me enough to say yes.

        I just facepalmed myself, defeated. I really couldn't refuse this girl after all. She should be thankful that I love her the most.

        "Okay, fine, I agree," I said, lowering my shoulder.

        "Really, then let's go!" She pulled my right arm as she dragged me outside the cafeteria. It's a good thing we already paid the bills, or else the owner would chase us.

        Since it's already 8 p.m., the party people are scattered around the bar across the Radini bar. Liz chose to go here because it's cheap and not loaded, unlike the other bars.

        Upon entering the Radini bar, we saw a few people drinking alcohol, of course. Unlike other bars, this one sells cheap alcohol and has low-quality appliances. Liz doesn't want to socialize with other people, which is why this type of place is perfect for her.

        "Hey!" Liz greeted the bartender as we took our seats on the bar table across from him.

        "Same drink as ever!" Liz said, and the guy nodded as he proceeded to make a drink.

        "Remember your promise, okay? We shouldn't get drunk, especially you," I said, poking her forehead.

        "I know, I know." She shoved my finger away. "But we should at least enjoy the night."

        When our drinks arrived, we started to talk about our lives, especially about our academic performances.

        We were so overjoyed talking to each other, and we didn't realize the drink we were both drinking.

        "Damn it!" I cursed, breathing heavily as I massaged my temple. I drank too much.

        "I-I g-guess we should head back," Liz said, barely opening her eyes. I know she's drunk, too. We promised each other that we wouldn't get drunk, but look what happened! This is so annoying!