chapter 42

All of the guys went to their houses. Ace and I were in his bedroom. Ace said that he was gonna change in another bathroom while I changed in his. After a good five minutes I exit the bathroom and find Ace without a shirt walking entering the room. My eyes kept wandering on his abs. "like what you see?" Ace asked with a smirk. I blushed and slid under the covers. He chuckled and laid down next to me.

Ace and I were laying in his bed I was in his embrace my head in his chest and his arms around my waist. "why?" Ace asked. I looked up to see Ace looking at me. "Why what?" I asked him. "why did you risk your life? Why didn't you tell me? Why? Don't you see that my heart breaks every time I see you hurt?" Ace asked me with glassed eyes. "Ace I knew that I won't die. I didn't tell you because I knew you that you would refuse, didn't you see yourself when Joe suggested that option? Ace I know that you hurt, but everyone has to face the consequences for what they do in their lives. And his life should end in jail. I should've done that a long time ago because he did that to me and he would do that to any other one." I said and sat Indian style. I got up and went to his side. He sat up and I hugged him. His head was on my stomach and my hands were playing in his hair. I put my head on his head and kissed it. "I love you Ace." I told him. "not as much as I love you," he said smiling.

After 15 minutes "how did you learn to shoot?" Ace asked me. "when I was 14 my mom died, so she gave me a handgun and bullets. She gave them to me so that if anything happened I could use it." I stopped "so when the abusing began, I took the bullets and the gun. I studied its parts and went every day after school to the woods and put objects on a tree and practiced to shoot and after a while, I got the hang of it." I finished. "and where exactly is the gun?" Ace asked me. "well after I was fully aware of how the gun is used Dave found out that I had a gun and gave me a beating and took it." I answered his question with full honesty.

We laid down in each other's embrace and my head buried in his chest while his arms on my waist and his head in the crook of my neck.

It was 6:30 in the morning and I was woken up by a call. I took my groaned. "what?" I shouted at whoever it was. "hello? It's Joseph, Ella" he said and I sat up waiting for good news. "hey," I said. "I have good news," he said kind of excited. "what, please tell me that the court will find place tonight." I said. "well you're a good predictor." He said chuckling. "when is it?" I asked him. "you have to be in court at 11:30," he said. "thank you so so much," I said in a happy tone, making him laugh. "are you coming?" I asked him. "of course. Well better get ready, you have a big today ahead of you." He said. "thank you so so much. Well, I'm gonna see you today." I said and hung up.

"Ace, Ace, Ace" I shouted. "what did anything happen? Is the house burning down?" He asked standing and ready to run. "no nothing happened," I said, he groaned and slept again. "Ace, the court will find a place today at 11:30," I said excitedly. He got up. And ran to my side. "really?" he asked with a huge smile on his face. I nodded and stood up. He hugged me and twirled me in the air. I laughed and when he put me down we kissed. "what happened did anyone barge into the house," Sierra asked with a baseball bat in her hands. Ace and I laughed. "the court is going to find place today at 11:30"  Ace said smiling happily. I was crushed by a hug from Sierra. "I'm really happy for you," Sierra said smiling.

It was 9:48 and I didn't decide what to wear. "Ace what would look better on me this" I pointed at loose pants and a white shirt that was sticking on my body "or this?" I pointed at a white knee-length dress that covered all my bruises.

After a lot of thinking Ace decided that I would wear loose pants and a white shirt. I wore my white FILA shoes and went downstairs, to find all the gang in the living room dressed really nice and saw Sierra also dresses and even Lilly. I had tears in my eyes knowing that I had an army behind me. "thank you guys" I said smiling.

All of us were in the car. Carter and Max were in Max's car. Nicole and Liam were in Liam's car. Finally, we were in Ace's car with Sierra and Lilly.

We arrived at the court at 11:15 am and waited in front of the court. I saw Joe coming our way. "thank you so much" I said. "no problem" he said and looked at Ace. Ace got up and bro shook him.

"the next case Ella Walters" I heard my name being called. I looked at Ace then held his hand. He gave a squeeze to tell me that everything is going to be ok. I smiled and we went in hand in hand. "I found a dozen lawyers on Dave's side I raised my eyebrows and looked at Ace and then Joe. "he got the best lawyers in New York," Joe said. "Ella I know that you didn't want any lawyers but I had to get you one because all the lawyers he has could get him out without even a bail," Joe said and I nodded.