.20

Disclaimer: I tried to look up how much prison time a person could get for kidnapping, rape, and endangerment of a child. I didn't exactly get an accurate answer, sense it varies in each state (and I'm sure countries as well), so if it doesn't make any sense at all, I'm sorry, just go with it lol.

——————————

"Not even close to being not guilty. We find him guilty of all charges." One of the jurors said.

I blinked a few times, needing a few seconds to register what was just said. I looked over at Namjoon and looked unphased, as if he knew he would be guilty and didn't care.

Of course he wouldn't, he's a psychopath.

"Then it's settled." The judge started, looking at Namjoon. "You're going to jail for a very long time, Mr. Kim, the things that you've done to not only Seokjin, but your children as well, is unforgivable." He said.

"For kidnapping, I sentence you to fifteen years in prison. For rape, I sentence you to twenty years in prison. And for endangerment of a child, five to be exact, another twenty years added on. Altogether, that's fifty-five years, I hope you enjoy prison life, because that'll be your home and possibly where you will die in the next few decades. Have a nice life, Mr. Kim, we're done here." The judge said before getting up to leave.

I looked over at Namjoon, seeing him glaring at me, his eyes so dark. I quickly looked away and had my lawyer and a few security guards escort me out of the court room. I kept my head down, not looking at him as I had to pass by him very quickly. I could feel his eyes burn into the back of my head, my heart racing in my chest.

Once we were out of the court room, I felt like I could breathe again. Being in that court room was suffocating, almost like Namjoon was cutting off my airway with his stare.

"We did it, Seokjin, he's going to prison for a very long time. He's never going to hurt you or those children again." My lawyer said to me.

I was numb, I didn't know how to feel in that moment. Yes, I was happy that Namjoon was going to prison, but I was also very sad about the children. Their lives were ruined, thanks to their psychotic father.

As soon as I stepped out of the courthouse, all I see are flashing lights and reporters shouting questions at me from left to right?

"Seokjin, how do you feel now that Namjoon will be in prison?"

Do you feel a lot more safe now that Namjoon is going to prison, Mr. Kim?"

"Will you adopt the children, Mr. Kim?"

All of these questions just being thrown at me was making me overwhelmed and close to passing out. I just kept my head down as my lawyer, the security guards, and a few police officers helped me get into my lawyer's car. There was a chance that reporters would be in front of my house with more questions, so my lawyer volunteered to pay for me to stay at a hotel for a week or so, until everything started to die down.

Once I was about to get in the car, i looked over at the courthouse again, noticing a few sad faces looking out one of the windows. I wish I could say goodbye to them one last time, but I can't. Maybe it was for the best, they'll forget about me...right?

I blew them a quick kiss and waved at them, then turned to get in the car, trying my hardest not to cry. It hurt to see their crying faces, but I knew I couldn't adopt them, not now and probably not ever.

Before I knew it, my lawyer was driving away from the courthouse and making the drive towards the hotel.

"Feeling okay?" She asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said, looking out the window.

"I'll be fine." I said quietly, knowing deep down, I wasn't fine.

——————

This was very short, but I hope everyone is satisfied with the results :D

Comment and vote!!

-Apryle❤️