Chapter 18| The meet up

Author Notes
I'm sorry for the late updates🥺 I just started my class and been really busy 😭 I tried my best to update often

Y/N PoV

You were standing a few meters away from cafe XX .You could feel your heart beating fast like a train .Eventhough you have told yourself countless time to trust Taehyung , you still wanted to check and prove to yourself that whatever the text message said was a lie. You took out your phone as you dialled for Taehyung . Thankfully he picked up after a few rings

"Yes my baby? miss me already hm?" He answered the call, being cheeky as usual. You stood still as you listened closely to his voice.

He doesn 't look like the type to cheat. Does he?.. But why do I feel that he's hiding something? And why is it difficult for me to trust him?

And if he doesn 't cheat. why am I getting this kind of messages?

"'Baby?.. You there?" He called for you from the other line, interupting your train of thoughts.

"Oh? Yes. You answered briefly

"Are you okay hun? You sound like something is bothering you What's wrong?" He asked, concerned.

"Oh.. I'm fine." You lied. "Are you already back? where are you?"

"Babo ya, I'm still in the states, silly! My flight will be at night and I'll be back tomorrow!" He explained.
"I told you this yesterday, remember?"

"Ah right.. Yes, I just.. miss you.. I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yes! Can 't wait!! See you baby!"

You hung up.

You already got the confirmation from him, but you still felt uneasy You looked at your watch as you headed to a bench, a few meters away from the cafe.

12.50PM.
"All is going to be fine. It's probably just a prank."

12.52PM.
"He already told me he will be back tomorrow There's no way he will here for his 'date'."

12.55PM
"I should learn to trust him more why am I always having trust issue."

12.58PM.
"Ugh my heart is beating so fast Why am l even nervous? It's nothing! He won't turn up."

1PM
You finally stood up from the bench you were sitting on as you look at the cafe from afar No sign of anybody familiar In fact, the cafe seemed empty - they had no customers walking in since the minute you were there.

You sighed as you called yourself dumb for wasting your time travelling all the way to the cafe just because of a fake text.

And for not trusting Taehyung , you cursed yourself.

1.10PM

You sighed in relief as you smiled. Your heartbeat was back to normal as you have already calmed down. You shook your head as you took your bag, preparing to make a move.

However..

"Welcome! Was it you who made the reservation, Sir?" The staff from the cafe greeted, just loud enough for you to hear.

You stopped as you spotted a male customer who have just walked in into the cafe He was wearing a bucket hat, white top and ripped jeans. To your surprise, he looked exactly like Taehyung but could not really be 100% sure because you you could only see his side profile. And also he had a mask on so it made it impossible to confirm Your heart started beating fast again.

"No way.. Please." You silently prayed.

"You reserved the entire cafe right?" The staff asked to which the male customer nodded in response. "You would need to deposit an amount for the Cafe first. And could I please have your ID?"

The male customer quietly provided what was asked for The staff quickly settled the deposit but you noticed how she suddenly frozed when she saw the ID. However she quickly got back to work, like as if forcing herself to be professional.

The male customer nodded as he took off his mask You tried your best to check if it was Taehyung , but you could only see his side profile which was still unclear What was clear was the staff's reaction - She gasped as she started to fangirl.

(This is not Taehyung . 🥴)

"Omo Taehyung Oppa! It's really you!" She squeled.

You froze, unable to believe what you heard. Al that point oftime, you saw the male customer puts his finger on his lips to shush the staff. He then looked around the cafe to check if there was any other customer that might have heard.

And that was when you saw his face clearly He had his signature shooked eyes underneath that bucket hat. He smiled at the staff and whispered something to her probably telling her to keep it low to avoid getting the attention.

"It's really Taehyung ?.. Your heart broke a little. "But why did he lie?" You wondered.

Taehyung was waiting for the staff to settle the neccessary so you decided to give Taehyung another call . You saw him touching his pocket as he reached out for his phone. He checked his phone when screen and you saw him smiling he saw your caller id on his phone Immediately he picked up, all excited.

"Ohhh baby, what else hm? Miss me again?" He asked jokingly.

"Mhm, Taehyung . Wh-what time is your flight again?" You asked still looking at him from far

"Erm... 11PM night, why?" He asked, not knowing you were watching his every move.

"Nothing, see you.. You hung up before he could even reply. You saw his looking at his phone clueless as to why you hung up. He wanted to call you back but was interupted by the staff He kept his phone away as he took back his ID.

You were filled with anger You wanted to know his reasoning behind all this. You grabbed your bag as you proceeded to approach him, but your feet were rooted to the ground when you saw a lady walking into the cafe. She then hugged Taehyung from behind to which he was shock initially but then returned back with a smile.

Your heart broke into million pieces, seeing how happy they looked. The back of the lady looked familiar but you could not seem to put your finger on it.

Finally she turned around, revealing who she was

It's Areum

To be continued