Death of duty

He races to save her, he must guard her against the monster, protect her, she's in great danger. The man with her is a turn cloak, a traitor, he can't be trusted. He will betray her he thinks to himself as he nears the top of the stairs, he stops, breathing heavily, he doesn't want to open the doors. He knows what weight ahead. He nervously pulls open the door. He enters the chamber slowly, cautiously. Each step is forced, inch by inch he moves closer to the truth. "Dany" he whispered, "where are you". "Here, I'm here" a voice answered back. His pace quickened, "Dany, I'm here, I'm coming I will protect you" Jon yelled.
He knew his words to be false, he knew he couldn't save her. Not now, not then. "You promised to protect me, you promised to keep me safe" said the voice. He began to run, blindly at first. Turn after turn he ran unsure of the direction. "No this isn't right" he mumbled to himself as he stopped, he has been here before, too many times to count. He knew which step to take, which door to open. He closed his eyes in sadness. when he next opened them, he was in front of the throne room."Jon?" the voice called. "I will save her, I will protect her from the traitor" "This time will be different" said Jon to himself as he entered the room. "I knew you would come, you wouldn't abandon me" said Dany. "I'm here my gra" Dany interrupted "My enemies are everywhere, they sit behind their castle walls and plot my death. We must act quickly" she said becoming more frantic with every word. "Winterfell" dany said with an unnerving look in her eyes. "Winterfell is where we start" "your grac" Jon attempted to say, as he was cut off by Dany. "We will free the people of Winterfell just like we freed the people of kings landing."We will free everyone, we will bring an end to their pain, Jon stood slowly, he knew what he must do. He has always known. He took a step closer, "Together we will build a new world" "why" Jon asked as he took a trembling step forward. "A better world". " why" Jon Whispered as he reached for his knife. "My world" dany said, as Jon's blade entered her chest.....
"You, you stabbed me" said dany with a shocked expression on her face. Jon stood frozen in place, staring in disbelief as danys blood drip from his hand. She staggered away from him. "Monster" she shirked "Traitor" Jon closed his eyes. He has heard these words before, too many times. "Turncloak" she screamed. He made himself close the distance between them."Why" he said fighting back tears. "Murderer" she mouthed as her strength was leaving her. He reached out with trembling arms to ease her to the ground. "Why" Jon asked choking back tears. He held her face with his blood-covered hands. "Why" he said to himself, desperately looking around for someone to answer, pleading for an answer. No answer would come, not this time, nor any time. No longer able to hold back his tears, He looked down at what the monster had done, what he had done. "Why"? Jon awoke gasping for breath, his hands clutching at the scars that covered his chest........ (what did everyone think? This is my first story that I have ever written so any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated. The conclusion to my tale is in chapter 2 Thanks for reading)