Chapter 11

I pushed him, but he didn't budge. I had to admit it almost felt right for him to be kissing me. His touch left tingles on my skin, and I could slowly feel myself get lost in the kiss. I closed my eyes involuntarily, and my hands stopped pushing at their own accord. And then I was kissing back, my arms limp on his chest. His arms wrapped tighter around me. I knew it was the mate bond doing this, but I just couldn't find it in me to pull away. I was losing my sanity. I weakly pulled away and shook my head.

"No....I can't do this," I whispered, looking away. He put his hand on my chin and turned me to face him.

"Please," he begged, "Just this once," he whispered, bringing his lips on mine again. I moved away.

"No, Selden. Stop. I have Dax, now. He's the one I love," I murmured. He pulled away roughly. I felt my knees buckle at a sudden pain in my chest, making them hit the ground.

"How could you?! I'm your mate! You can't...you can't love him! You have to love me!" he bellowed, his voice cracking. I clutched my chest as another wave of pain hit me full force. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry," he cried. I looked up to see him in tears. "I regret rejecting you. I was stupid because, werewolf or not, you're fucken amazing. My stupid ego was too big to realize...I guess I realized too late-" he stopped himself. He looked down at me with such a broken expression. He smiled a sad smile. He shook his head. "Never mind," he said, wiping the tears running down his cheek. "I'm sorry for wasting your time," he added and turned around, beginning to leave.

"Wait!" I yelled, getting up only to stumble and whimper at the excruciating pain that began to take over my body...my heart...everything. I felt arms immediately go around me.

"What's wrong, Alessa?" Selden asked, looking at me straight in the eyes. I shook my head, closing my eyes as a wave of nausea hit me. The pain slightly subsided.

"What...what do you-" I winced a bit, "what did you want to tell me?" I finished.

"I think we should get back inside. You don't look too well," he said softly, caressing my cheek and kissing my forehead. I shook my head, ignoring the headache that was beginning to form.

"Tell me. I don't want to go inside unless you tell me," I said. He sighed.

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?" he groaned.

"Tell me," I said, closing my eyes and biting my lip as the pain began to increase again. I heard him take a deep breath.

"I'm dying," he said defeatedly. That was the last thing I heard before I fell into a deep abyss.

**************
Selden's POV

"Alessa!" I cried as I felt her go limp in my arms. I picked her up and ran into the pack house. "PACK DOCTOR! MY ROOM! NOW!!!" I yelled as I made my way to my room. I set her down and checked her pulse. I could barely feel it. "Shit!" I whispered. "Alessa, please hold on. The doctor will be here soon. Don't leave me again," I whispered as tears began to form in my eyes. "Please," I added, clutching her hand. "I shouldn't have told you anything. I'm so sorry, baby. This is all my fault," I said. The doctor came in. "SAVE HER!" I cried. He winced and bowed. I saw my beta, Daniro, come in, followed by my dad and third in command.

"Son, let's go outside, yeah?" he said calmly, although I could see the pain etched on his face.

"NO!!" I yelled. All three of them grabbed me and pulled me out of the room. I wasn't budging. The thought of losing her almost brought me to my knees. They used this as an opportunity to pull me out. They sat me down on a chair. I got up, numbly pacing back and forth. I turned as I heard footsteps. Dax.

"What the fuck did you do to her?!" he yelled, slamming me into the wall. I could feel my sudden loss of strength as Dax slammed me repeatedly into the wall. Then, his grip was gone and I fell down on the floor with a thud. "You're not so strong, after all, you fucken piece of shit! I swear I'll fucken kill you if something happens to her!" he went on. I looked up to see my dad and beta holding him back. I got up.

"I didn't mean to. I shouldn't have told her anything. I'm sorry. Fuck, I'm so stupid!" I said. Then I saw him push both men away, making them go flying to the side. He came at me and punched me. I was sent back flying and felt myself hit the wall before blacking out.

-----------