(8) Praise

Kurama looked through the small boy's eyes, he was confused. The boy in his eyes should be seen as a hero, he was the one going through the physical pain of holding the fox inside him.

Instead the village ignored him, kicking him away from all activities and almost forces the boy to hate himself. Kurama watched with interest as the boy is called a monster once again by the adult villagers.

The boy walking away, only for the taunts to continued to get worse. The kit was only a block away from the grocery store when a group of drunken adults screamed at the boy. "Go kill yourself you monster!"

The boy looked down to the ground. Kurama couldn't hear the boys thought nor was he able to impact them in anyway. Well he hasn't actually tried never particularity needing to make the boy hate himself when the whole village did it for him.

Kurama could sense the tears beginning to well up in the boy's eyes.
The boy took three deep breath before he looked up into the sky, kurama could tell that the boy was smiling. He had thought of an idea.

The boy took a step forward and tripped himself in front of the group of men. "Good, he deserved it." One of them said as the boy stood up, terrible scrapes present on his knees.

"Finally some revenge." Another commented.

The boy smiled, believing these insults to be praise.

He continued to trip, scrape and run into anything that could give him a bruise. He was looking for that praise again, he got it though only for a few weeks before it turned into. "Damn isn't that kid dumb?"

"See told you he was possessed by that monster."

"It must be trying to get out"

The boy frowned as kurama observed the unique behaviour. It was fascinating to the beast. These creatures that thought of themselves as high and mighty would treat their own race in such a childish way.

"Wish the thing would just kill itself." It was a mother of two, talking to another. She likely knew that the boy could hear her and she relished in that fact.

The kit looked at the ground tears beginning to fall. "Was it not enough?" The boy whispered to himself. "What more can I do?" The boy thought for a second before a grin landed on his face once more.

The boy ran home, to the kyubi's confusion. Though that confusion was soon solved as the boy picked up a piece of glass from his many broken windows.

The boy's eyes became clouded as he pulled up his sleeves. He began whispering reassurance to himself, "Think about how proud they will be knowing you have injured yourself." He made a cut on his right arm, the boy became disgusted as he looked at his own blood. There was nothing strange about it, it is red and poured down his arm like any other. It was just that the boy hadn't seen any others blood and had presumed his was different.

Kurama smirked as he watched the boy cut himself. As it turned from looking for praise to the words the villagers tell him.

"Monster"

"Murderer"

"Disgusting"

"You should just kill yourself." The boy stopped, he looked up into his broken mirror, tears were rolling down his cheeks.

The boy shook his head and chucked the glass away. He quickly crawled into a corner, tucking himself into a ball as he began to sob.

The boy looked at his arms watching as the cuts quickly healed leaving nothing behind, like it never happened. This will be Kurama's gift to the boys hatred. The realisation that even though he does it secretly in hopes for praise, the village won't give him any if they don't see it. 

He sobbed whispering monster to himself as the boy decided that he will punish himself anyway, not for praise, not because the village tells him to, but because he is a monster. What human heals with no scars at that speed? The boy had observed many injuries, though he never saw any blood, he knew for a fact they do not heal in minutes.

Kurama laughed in his cell, he didn't have to do anything really to begin torturing this boy that holds him captive. He laughed as the satisfaction he feeling quickly died out and was replaced with, 'What have I done?'
_________
This is probably going to be one of the last chapters for a while because this is my last buffer. I have many chapters in the work and that number just keeps increasing. I hope you all have enjoyed it so far and continue to enjoy it in the future. :)