Chapter Three

Allison's POV

The sun peeking through the curtain woke me up. I rolled over and rubbed my eyes. I felt someone stir beside me.

Oh shit!

I can't believe I stayed the night here! I got out of bed slowly and quickly but quietly searched for my clothes.

Oh, my God!

All I wore here was that stupid bunny costume and I don't have my car! Fantastic.

I threw on the costume and ran out the door before Mason could wake up. I called for an Uber and walked the next block over to catch it.

I called Katie as soon as I got home.

"Hello?...What time is it?" Katie asked groggy as she picked up the phone.

"It's 8:30, babe," Evan answered in the distance.

"Allison? Are you okay?" Katie asked me.

"Yeah, Katie. I am so sorry it's so early. I didn't mean to wake you. I honestly didn't even think about the time. I just needed to talk to you," I replied.

"It's okay, hun. What's wrong?"

"I went to a costume party last night and I just got home."

"Wait. What do you mean, you just got home?"

"I hooked up with a guy last night and I ended up staying at his house and to make matters worse, I only had my costume to wear and I didn't drive there."

"Oooh, ouch! Talk about a walk of shame. Wait! You went to a costume party? What costume were you wearing?"

"The bunny costume from that Halloween frat party that we went to in college."

Katie laughed.

"It's not funny," I asserted, rolling my eyes.

Katie continued laughing. "It kinda is."

"All right, I'm hanging up now."

"No, no! Wait! Ok, I'm sorry. Ahem... um, so this guy..." she prompted.

"He was incredible. Hands down the best I've ever had. Not to mention, hot as fuck."

"Oooh...so, when are you going back for more?" She teased.

"Not happening. I never got his number and I'm not just gonna go knocking on his door."

"Why not? You could show up in another costume. Maybe... naughty pirate this time?" Katie cracked up.

I rolled my eyes. "Ok, well, I'd love to listen to you make fun of me some more, but I'm gonna go and wash the embarrassment off of my body now."

Katie chortled. "Hmm... ok, well, don't forget about dinner tonight."

"I won't. I'll meet you there."

"Go get some sleep, girl. Don't want you looking like a zombie when you meet your date."

I chuckled. "Yeah, ok. You get some sleep, too," I told her before I hung up.